help burning mpeg

Thread: help burning mpeg

help burning mpeg

I was trying to burn this avi file using nero into an svcd....so i did that and the nero express encoded it into mpeg and i had my cd ready....but the thing is this cd is refusing to play on my pioneer dvd player(which generally plays all my home recorded vcd's)..and when it plays on my WMP in win2k it is displaying a inverted picture...can anyone help me with this...and any tips to improve the quality of the mpeg output...thx in advance

Banned
    If i have an AVI file, i first convert it into an MPeg using LSX mpeg decoder. Sometimes u need to rip the sound first into a WAV and simulataneously convert into an mpeg using the AVI file as the video input and the Wav file as the sound input.

Once you have an all working Mpeg, i then use Stomp to make a VCD using the wizard, and thats about it

I have just got a new DVD player called ARIANET SLIM LINE DVD 2255 MULTI-REGION 5.1 DVD PLAYER, and its only 99.

http://uk.special.reserve.co.uk/revi...REGION&af=cc80

Product Information: GG4407

ARIANET SLIM LINE DVD 2255 MULTI-REGION 5.1 DVD PLAYER

Format: DVD

Slim-line silver player

Plays all region DVD's (no code required)

Built in Dolby 5.1 digital (AC-3) surround sound decoder

Plays Karaoke VCDs and DVDs with microphone sockets included

Plays DVD, MP3, CD, VCD, SVCD, OKO, DVCD, CD-R/CD-RW AND CVD'S

Features digital progressive scan

Plays regional code encrypted (RCE) DVDs

Plays MP3 music CDs

Also compatible with CD-R/RW, MP3, VCD and JPEG (view JPEG pictures from your PC on your TV)

4:3 / 16:9 selectable screen format

PAL/NTSC Dual TV system

Includes optical output

VGA out put

Full function remote control

Infinitely Variable Zoom function

Unlimited MP3 Playlist

Welcome screen and Screen Saver

On screen menu and chapter select

Output via: RGB SCART / S-Video / Composite Video / Dolby 5.1 Coaxial / Dolby 5.1 Optical / AC3 / DTS

Includes Scart lead, remote control and composite video lead
    Stock Availability: In Stock

Customer Rating: 8/10 (from 5 reviews)

SAVE 20 off RRP. Only 85.10 ex VAT
    Free UK Mainland Delivery

It even playes normal mpegs that are on a CD (not VCD's), and it automatically converts them and plays them for you - hope sum of this helps. You can get all the software from a nice P2P server, which i wont name........

Hope sum of this helps

thx a lot for the info..lemme try what u have said using the software u mentioned..and will get back to you...thx

Banned
    Ive found the link i was looking for - this tells u everything u need to know

http://www.dvdrhelp.com/forum/userguides/94288.php

Good Luck

any tips to improve the quality of the mpeg output
    First, don't use Nero to encode. It sucks eggs. Use a standalone encoder like TMPGEnc in CQ mode, which is the best encoder available today, IMO.

The other thing you can do which will *dramatically* increase the quality of your VCDs is to learn how to use AVISynth scripts, and hit your AVI (I'm assuming it's a DivX) with a few filters like pixiedust, convolution3D, and smart smoother before encoding. Go to http://www.doom9.org and search the forums. They have everything you need.

If your player will accept non-standard VCDs (most will, to varying degrees), visit http://www.kvcd.net and grab one of Kwag's templates for TMPGEnc. KVCD templates use an optimized GOP and quantization matrix to achieve an unbelievable quality/file size ratio. Use Kwag's file prediction formula to calculate your correct CQ value. Again, everything you need is in the forums there.

If you do it right, you can get most movies on 1 CD at 3/4 DVD resolution and it will look indistinguishable from the DVD on most household TVs.
    Do what you want with the girl, but leave me alone!

thx a lot for the help..u have opened new doors for me..thx a lot