Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: School Trouble

Alright, here is what i have done so far.
    I installed the logger program that hatebreed2000 recommended.
    I opened up the sub7 program they were using and got the ip's that they had been connecting to.
    I then scanned the network for any other server files that wasn't on the sub7 drop down menu.
    Ive recommened to my teacher to put some sort of cam facing the computers that those guys use to show that they were on it at that time.
    I tryed the tightVNC Maverick811 recommended but couldn't get the icon on the system tray to go away so i erased it. Any one know of any other program or steps to take to get them.

Oh, and it is a computer lab.

Thanks for your guys help so far. Now i have to wait till after spring break to see if it goes successful.
    The only four things i need are food, water, a computer, and the internet.

Alright, here is what i have done so far.
    I installed the logger program that hatebreed2000 recommended.
    I opened up the sub7 program they were using and got the ip's that they had been connecting to.
    I then scanned the network for any other server files that wasn't on the sub7 drop down menu.
    Ive recommened to my teacher to put some sort of cam facing the computers that those guys use to show that they were on it at that time.
    I tryed the tightVNC Maverick811 recommended but couldn't get the icon on the system tray to go away so i erased it. Any one know of any other program or steps to take to get them.

Oh, and it is a computer lab.

Thanks for your guys help so far. Now i have to wait till after spring break to see if it goes successful.

Systray Problem

Temp2.exe will hide the systray icon, email vex86@rogers.com if you want a copy of it.

Systray Problem

Temp2.exe will hide the systray icon, email vex86@rogers.com if you want a copy of it.

madseel one question, how come the teacher cant go and see the techie?

now for something completely diffrent,
    being one of these people on occasion i would suggest that you turn there own technology against them use there keyloggers to see what they are doing, also if these people are males as i suspect, it probably wouldn't occur to them to put on a physical device so don't worrie about that. and i would take this to the school principal imediatley.

hi mate
    first of all,trojans duplicate!!
    u want a powerful antivirus
    i do recommend kaspersky!
    then get TDS monitor
    and a registry montor
    also
    advanced admin. tools is so powerful but it's trial!
    http://www.glocksoft.com/aatools.htm

Yeah I have to admit that after reading this for the past few days that I also have been wondering why your net admin isn't doing anything to fix this? I mean even if a school doesn't have an admin there, usually there is one for the district... or this not how it is in your area? I mean it's great for students to be "interactive" in school, especially with technology, but you sound like you need help doing all this. Students shouldn't have to "fix" problems, but it's cool if they can be there on the team to help it along.
    [shadow]There is no right and wrong, only fun and boring...
    Formatting my server because someone hacked into it sounds pretty boring to me...
    That\'s why it\'s all about AntiOnline.com!
    [/shadow]

Have you no antivirus on the server or wherever the trojan is being installed? BlackICE is only really great as an IDS, firewall isn't very useful. Best bet is set up a honeypot, and watch their actions. Maybe even post the logs in this thread?

Where are they installing the trojans? I'm sorry if you've mentioned this before... I'm kinda tired

Well, our school district does have techies, but they are always busy. We have 2 tech's for around 40 schools. The computers do have antiviruses, but the guys are constantly turning them off. So im helping out till we can get one of the techs to come in.

Talking

use netbus pro. The latest version can be totaly hide on win 95/98 (you don't see in the taskmanager). And It's password secured.

You can make an screenshot, you can freak there pc's up (select sounds, open cd-drive, etc), disable specified keys from their keyboard, inbould keylogger, record video from their webcam, record sounds they hear from the pc and microphone, shutdown windows (also restart, logoff, etc), send text, go to url, upload files to their pc, remote control, print things by their pc.

Realy great spy tool , by network and internet

hope this will help you,

chears JoWie!