dcsimg
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I need everyones opinion.

IF you have no experience up to now you should start with making yourself a bit familliar with batch file scripting. You may also want to start with some perl cuz it is a forgiving language.

Also if you have no experience I would reccomend to learn some HTML (no wysiwyg though), this will help you start thinking like a programmer (although html is no programming language).

I would not go for VB (as mentioned before) because you will be stuck with MS.
    C or C++ is good but quit hard to learn.
    You can read all the text you want but to become a programmer you will have to actually program.
    Think up some projecct and see if you can do the job.

Good luck !

I started by learning Assembly many many years ago then went to C++. Like everyone has said the earlier the better.

Definitly as soon as you can is the best way to go. And i would also say to start with C, C++

PeacE
    -BoB

its not how old you are, its the dessire to learn. if you want to learn something you will do it. if you just want to do it cause everyone else is, but your not really interested, then you will slip and fail misserably. ha, maybe you wont though.

and i would start at the most "important" language. usually c++. this is because most objects these days are based on c++. also, it could be advantageous to go directly into c++ and skip c. i got that from some tut site for c++.... http://newdata.box.sk/bx/c/htm/ch01.htm

so, i have entrusted you with my opinion, use it well.. hehe, always wanted to say something like that
    - Trying is the first step towards failure. the moral is never try.
    - It\'s like something out of that twilighty show about that zone.
    ----Homer J Simpson----

id start with C++, c is a bit older and more procedural, most newer languages in my experience are Object oriented. go for c++

Kwiep
    I think before learning any programming language you should have a little knowhow about logic, math and especially how to write the things down... 3 isn't a good age to learn c++, you should be playing with ... I don't know ... Don't dive in the computer to young, for there's much much more in life. Enter when you feel ready and when you feel you can keep computers and reality in the same brain... for most part.
    Double Dutch

Banned
    as early as U spark a interest!!

start with C or C++, I started with VB and it confused me when starting to code other langs

wow thanks for all your great responses everyone it really helped me. thank you
    [glowpurple]NooNoo\'s [/glowpurple]

right now

i made my first BASIC program at 10, anyway the best age to start coding is NOW, if you have children then encourage them to learn programming, itīs easy, beautiful and they will thank you in the future.

right now

i made my first BASIC program at 10, anyway the best age to start coding is NOW, if you have children then encourage them to learn programming, itīs easy, beautiful and they will thank you in the future.