Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Some changes to the main page

Shrekkie take a look at my tips for navigating a forum
    in this thread

I can see the main page is going to be blank then because most of the time members just post the links like I do to some other security or free download related and I noticed that it doesn't even appear on the link says view some other active topics. Just yesterday one of your thread was showing the date back in 1970 and the thread was not even working and sometimes view other active topic link shows just two active topics and just on another second it was full with three pages. I suggest take a look if there is a bug.

But you are the owner of this site and I know this not a democracy and you can run this board anyway you want and we (members) just have to adjust with that.

Oh I miss JP.

I can see the main page is going to be blank then because most of the time members just post the links like I do to some other security or free download related and I noticed that it doesn't even appear on the link says view some other active topics. Just yesterday one of your thread was showing the date back in 1970 and the thread was not even working and sometimes view other active topic link shows just two active topics and just on another second it was full with three pages. I suggest take a look if there is a bug.

But you are the owner of this site and I know this not a democracy and you can run this board anyway you want and we (members) just have to adjust with that.

Oh I miss JP.

Ok well this is all well and good cept my posts and more importantly my quesitons asked are now not even getting viewed.
    I was about to report this as a bug too until I hit this forum and saw that its already been adddressed....

so I guess eventually ppl will get back to reading posts, even if they have to go digging for them. and I also agree, the front page is probably going to be very bare... if not filled with misuse. Ms. Mittens, I see a lot of post moving in your future.

And for the record I too miss JP.....
    Remember -
    The ark was built by amatures...
    The Titanic was built by professionals.

WTF what did you do to the AntiOnline.com logo..

it fugly !!!
    ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
    When in Russia, pet a PETSCII.

Get your ass over to SLAYRadio the best station for C64 Remixes !

intmonster

Hey intmonster,

Next time you make drastic chages to AO, please pm the members!Not everyone has the time to read all the threads.I've been wondering for some time why my threads were not appearing on the front page.Then I found out from a third party that it was your doing....

Dr_Evil

Originally posted here by the_JinX
    WTF what did you do to the AntiOnline.com logo..

it fugly !!!
    i agree, blah to the new logo!
    hell- i could barely stand that stupid purple & gold (this is a website not an ugly piece of furniture...) i've suggested changing the skins before- but this is def. not the way to do it!
    yeah, I\'m gonna need that by friday...

I'm certainly losing interest in this site very fast..

"MySQL" errors over the past few days have made the forums unavailable..
    Looks? hmmm so what! But some of the "Chit Chat" posts are as valuable to members as are the security threads..

How many times have a hardware questions turned up in chit chat? ok there are other sites that are dedicated to this (virtualdr.com) .. but why can't the people who are looking for help on this site not have their threads available to to view from the main page..

Yes I know that we should view the forums Index is where we should be and helping out in the forums of our greatest interest, but the Home/Index page showing these posts certainly is great to help spot those cries for help..
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr

Banned
    Originally posted by Dr_Evil

Hey intmonster,

Next time you make drastic chages to AO, please pm the members!Not everyone has the time to read all the threads.I've been wondering for some time why my threads were not appearing on the front page.Then I found out from a third party that it was your doing....
    I just sent you a PM announcing that the scroll-bars are grey today. I forgot to sent you a PM yesterday (they were blue yesterday...). Sorry about that. In the PM, you'll also find me announcing that ads have been added.

Always happy to help,

Neg.

PS: no need to get rude... you are not forced to visit AntiOnline or anything... I hope you'll have time to read all PM's I'm going to send you concerning AO changes

Tampabay: follow Greekgoddess' advice and create a better one.

Und3ertak3r: MYSQL errors have never appeared before?

If you select Show Unanswered Posts from the drop-down menu at the top of the main page, you'll see a list of ALL recent posts that haven't been answered yet (including the ones in GCC, Cosmos,...). That's the quickest way to spot those cries for help...

Ill post back a screenshot net time it happens just incase I am blaming the wrong party..

And Blush for the other info.. I shud know better.. Thanks Neg

Cheers
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr