Anyone else seeing a rise in code red II?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else seeing a rise in code red II?

Anyone else seeing a rise in code red II?

It seems my blackice is going off constantly lately with ppl trying code red II attacks, also
    TONS of HTTP attacks, and code red I. It just seems like a really sharp increase lately and I was wondering if you have noticed anything similar?
    Remember -
    The ark was built by amatures...
    The Titanic was built by professionals.

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Ummm.. You sure it's Code Red II and not Code Red III that was announced to exist a few days ago? Check out Incidents and they'll show you what's rising. I suspect that's its more Code Red III.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Well I havent updated blackice in a while and it may be misinterpreting it.
    But this has been trickling for about a month, just lately (bout a week) its been worse... Ill look into it tho, thanks for that heads up
    Remember -
    The ark was built by amatures...
    The Titanic was built by professionals.

Check out Incidents and they'll show you what's rising. I suspect that's its more Code Red III.
    I am concerned about the high number or port scans for bearshare. I have searched google and couldn't find any information on an exploit, but i can't help but to wonder. All p2p programs are backdoors into your system. I wonder if someone found a way to exploit privlages with bearshare.

I have noticed a major increase of scanning activity in the last two days. I believe they are attributed to the latest variant of the Code Red virus and possibly the Deloder worm. I could be wrong though.

ccKid

It seems my blackice is going off constantly lately with ppl trying code red II attacks, also
    TONS of HTTP attacks, and code red I. It just seems like a really sharp increase lately and I was wondering if you have noticed anything similar?
    My firewall IDS has logged a lot more HTTP attacks over the last week. Mainly Code Red and IIS scans. This is almost definitely because of the lastest worms.
    OpenBSD - The proactively secure operating system.

I'v been gettinc connection attempts from all over on port 35072, can any one confirm this? I havn't been able to figure out wot the port does, I'v checked a bunch of different lists but nada has turned up.....oh well....

- Noia
    With all the subtlety of an artillery barrage / Follow blindly, for the true path is sketchy at best. .:Bring OS X to x86!:.
    Og ingen kan minnast dei linne drag i dronningas andlet den fagre dag Då landet her kvilte i heilag fred og alle hadde kjærleik å elske med.

I'v been gettinc connection attempts from all over on port 35072, can any one confirm this? I havn't been able to figure out wot the port does, I'v checked a bunch of different lists but nada has turned up.....oh well....

- Noia
    With all the subtlety of an artillery barrage / Follow blindly, for the true path is sketchy at best. .:Bring OS X to x86!:.
    Og ingen kan minnast dei linne drag i dronningas andlet den fagre dag Då landet her kvilte i heilag fred og alle hadde kjærleik å elske med.

From what I'm seeing, the target port for this version of Code Red is still port 80.
    I'm not sure what's hitting you Noia.

Cheers:
    DjM

From what I'm seeing, the target port for this version of Code Red is still port 80.
    I'm not sure what's hitting you Noia.

Cheers:
    DjM