Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Numbering Systems - Conversions

Well i from smirc's post I owe a few people apologies... but now i'm kinda curious... does the search only work with posts back a certain date? I'm here typing binary and tutorial in the search engine and those threats still aren't coming up.

Well i from smirc's post I owe a few people apologies... but now i'm kinda curious... does the search only work with posts back a certain date? I'm here typing binary and tutorial in the search engine and those threats still aren't coming up.
    I've noticed that the search engine returns unpredictable results. For example when I've search for threads that I know exist, the search comes up blank. This applies to the advanced search too. Something for the new admins to look into.
    OpenBSD - The proactively secure operating system.

I've noticed that the search engine returns unpredictable results. For example when I've search for threads that I know exist, the search comes up blank. This applies to the advanced search too. Something for the new admins to look into.
    OpenBSD - The proactively secure operating system.

Thanks, this will be invaluable for assembly class. I give you imaginary greenies.

Interesting!

My cousin told me about a new feature of google............it does calculations and conversions

Just try typing this into the search box:

c in furlongs per fortnight

This will give you the speed of light in one eighths of a mile per two weeks!!!!

or try:

miles per imperial gallon in light years per imperial teaspoon

A lot of fun can be had by sad bunnies like me!

2.58573468 x 10/29

That is the volume of the planet Jupiter in imperial teaspoons

BTW rough conversion is 1 imperial = 1.2 US

Have fun....................in the morning I shall be sober

Originally posted here by nihil
    Interesting!

My cousin told me about a new feature of google............it does calculations and conversions

Just try typing this into the search box:

c in furlongs per fortnight

This will give you the speed of light in one eighths of a mile per two weeks!!!!

or try:

miles per imperial gallon in light years per imperial teaspoon

A lot of fun can be had by sad bunnies like me!

2.58573468 x 10/29

That is the volume of the planet Jupiter in imperial teaspoons

BTW rough conversion is 1 imperial = 1.2 US

Have fun....................in the morning I shall be sober
    Man that's kinda scary because my cousin actually just told me about this feature last week.. He wanted to find out what 1 horsepower equals. So he went to google and typed in 1HP= and got the calculation for HP to Watts... We were impressed.

You can also use the windows calculator to convert between Decimal, binary, octal and hex etc.
    Click on: view> scientific.