Thread: closing a port , cerrando un puerto ,

closing a port , cerrando un puerto ,

Hola al grupo.

Me imagino que esta pregunta ya habra sido planteada alguna vez, pero por si no lo ha sido ahi va... mi pregunta es como cerrar o habilitar puertos en windows 2k. por ejemplo si hago una lista con NMAP y veo que tengo el puerto FTP abierto, como hago para cerrarlo, o incluso en todo caso ocultarto y que en un scanneo me saliera como Oculto.

Muchas gracias. Atentamete.

Misha.
    ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Hi everybody.

I guess that this question maybe has already done, but if it hasnĀ“t been done here it goes .... mi question is how to close a specific port in windows 2k .

For example if I scan myself and i see that i have open the FTP port and I wanna close it, How do I it ? and in any case, is it possuble to make it apper as Stealth, I mean if i can stealth the port to the internet.

Thanks
    Misha,

You can shut down the programs you don't need when you surf internet. For more details you can visit www.anti-trojan.net/en/tec021114.aspx

Antionline's Security Dude instronics's Avatar
    Hello Misha.

In windows 2k go into start, settings, control panel and then click on the adminstrative tools. In there you can define which services you wish to run or disable.

nd in any case, is it possuble to make it apper as Stealth, I mean if i can stealth the port to the internet.
    There is no such thing as stealth. Let me try to explain to you what is meant with that. A firewall is a tool that sets up rules on packets incomming and outgoing based on source/destination IP and ports. Also the rules control the packet's protocols such as TCP,UDP,ICMP etc...

The stealth part is when your firewall actually "drops" those ICMP packets. So if you just run a normal scan on those ports, then on GRC.com it appears as "STEALTH". If i scan you withough pings (ICMP) then i will still see the state of that port if its open or closed. So there is no such thing as stealth. It just drops certain protocols. I hope this answers your question. In any case, make sure you have a good firewall running. And also make sure you read its manual on how to set it up correctly. Theres nothing worse than a bdly configured firewall.

Good luck.

Cheers.
    Ubuntu-: Means in African : "Im too dumb to use Slackware"

Antionline's Security Dude instronics's Avatar
    Hello Misha.

In windows 2k go into start, settings, control panel and then click on the adminstrative tools. In there you can define which services you wish to run or disable.

nd in any case, is it possuble to make it apper as Stealth, I mean if i can stealth the port to the internet.
    There is no such thing as stealth. Let me try to explain to you what is meant with that. A firewall is a tool that sets up rules on packets incomming and outgoing based on source/destination IP and ports. Also the rules control the packet's protocols such as TCP,UDP,ICMP etc...

The stealth part is when your firewall actually "drops" those ICMP packets. So if you just run a normal scan on those ports, then on GRC.com it appears as "STEALTH". If i scan you withough pings (ICMP) then i will still see the state of that port if its open or closed. So there is no such thing as stealth. It just drops certain protocols. I hope this answers your question. In any case, make sure you have a good firewall running. And also make sure you read its manual on how to set it up correctly. Theres nothing worse than a bdly configured firewall.

Good luck.

Cheers.
    Ubuntu-: Means in African : "Im too dumb to use Slackware"

thanks and sorry for my english

thanks and sorry for my english