Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Question to the Mods/Admins?

/me waits for the floods of GCC posts cropping up in other forums just so they appear on main page

heh debs - remember last time they tried this >_<;
    well good luck anyways - hopefully it may work this time!?

v_Ln

errrmmm.. excuse me for a minute..
    members really shouldn't care to see or surf off the main page.
    if you really want to see what's what and where from the
    last visit you made here.. you should use the View More Active Topics link at the bottom of the main page.
    it's the best feature you'll find at just about any type of forum..
    then simply refreshing (or back button, then refresh) will show the latest at any given time. plus it lets you see what's being posted everywhere including the newsgroups..

try it.. i'll bet my antipoints you love it.

end of mini lesson on how to navigate a forum..

cheers..

errrmmm.. excuse me for a minute..
    members really shouldn't care to see or surf off the main page.
    if you really want to see what's what and where from the
    last visit you made here.. you should use the View More Active Topics link at the bottom of the main page.
    it's the best feature you'll find at just about any type of forum..
    then simply refreshing (or back button, then refresh) will show the latest at any given time. plus it lets you see what's being posted everywhere including the newsgroups..

try it.. i'll bet my antipoints you love it.

end of mini lesson on how to navigate a forum..

cheers..

if u ask me, I think the Forum titles are too specific....the *nix security discussion should just be a *nix forum, the amount of times I'v had questions, and the ALMOST fit into a forum but not exactly, and then have to post it in GCC....the point I'm making is there are alot of good and valid questions in GCC, and the reason for this is that you can't fit it any where else....

so my advice is....if ur gona throw GCC of the main page...make sure that any valid question has a forum to go too other than GCC

- Noia
    With all the subtlety of an artillery barrage / Follow blindly, for the true path is sketchy at best. .:Bring OS X to x86!:.
    Og ingen kan minnast dei linne drag i dronningas andlet den fagre dag Då landet her kvilte i heilag fred og alle hadde kjærleik å elske med.

if u ask me, I think the Forum titles are too specific....the *nix security discussion should just be a *nix forum, the amount of times I'v had questions, and the ALMOST fit into a forum but not exactly, and then have to post it in GCC....the point I'm making is there are alot of good and valid questions in GCC, and the reason for this is that you can't fit it any where else....

so my advice is....if ur gona throw GCC of the main page...make sure that any valid question has a forum to go too other than GCC

- Noia
    With all the subtlety of an artillery barrage / Follow blindly, for the true path is sketchy at best. .:Bring OS X to x86!:.
    Og ingen kan minnast dei linne drag i dronningas andlet den fagre dag Då landet her kvilte i heilag fred og alle hadde kjærleik å elske med.

I'm still requesting for a customizable front page where every user could choose, what forums do they want to see... This has been requsted previously many times already.
    Q: Why do computer scientists confuse Christmas and Halloween?
    A: Because Oct 31 = Dec 25

That is correct, going forward there will be no threads from General Chit Chat (or Roll Call, or other non-security topics) on the main page. This won't affect the Chit Chat or other forums, they're all still there, but they won't show up on the main page. We'd been asked by many good folks here to restrict the main page to security issues, and felt it was a great suggestion. [/B]
    <RANT AGAIN>
    i really wish that you guys would start INFORMING us of these things and making them PROMINENT so we can actually see whats going on EASALY, i for one dont want to hunt for any information on things that are changing here, im sorry but i find the lack of comunication VERY VERY disipointing, believe you guys COULD do a good job with the site, but as of right now i dont see it working out.<END RANT>

take a look at this thread for more of my rant

http://www.antionline.com/showthread...557#post612557

mind you im bad with words, so please dont berate me for my possible nonsensical rant, if it makes no sense say so and ill try to change it
    --------------------------
    http://www.arg-irc.com

er0k
    well neggo it was the best forum for him to put it in. We don't have a "General *nix question" forum, or anything of the like. So users have taken to posting their nix questions in the *nix security forum since its really the closest forum to stick it in. But meh your just doing your job. Neggo my eggo!