Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cryptography

Cryptography

ok, I am sitting on a computer in a school and I cant download PGP is there any way I can copy and paste what I want to decrypt 2 a certain website and have them show me what it says? Oh yeah I have looked on google and found nothing.

Is this a dumb question?

Cryptography

ok, I am sitting on a computer in a school and I cant download PGP is there any way I can copy and paste what I want to decrypt 2 a certain website and have them show me what it says? Oh yeah I have looked on google and found nothing.

Is this a dumb question?

PGP basicaly works like this . You have a public key and a private key. The public key is what everyone uses to encrypt email sent to you. The private key is what you use to decrypt the message explicitly sent to, encrypted with your public key. Hope that helps cause I'm not all that sure what you are trying to do.
    Ben Franklin said it best. \"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.\"

PGP basicaly works like this . You have a public key and a private key. The public key is what everyone uses to encrypt email sent to you. The private key is what you use to decrypt the message explicitly sent to, encrypted with your public key. Hope that helps cause I'm not all that sure what you are trying to do.
    Ben Franklin said it best. \"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.\"

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar

Re: Cryptography

Originally posted here by Scarface212

Is this a dumb question?
    Well it might be if it's not your stuff you're trying to decrypt. That'd be invasion of privacy and probably against the rules of your school.

What is it you're trying to decrypt?
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar

Re: Cryptography

Originally posted here by Scarface212

Is this a dumb question?
    Well it might be if it's not your stuff you're trying to decrypt. That'd be invasion of privacy and probably against the rules of your school.

What is it you're trying to decrypt?
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

yeah i understand how PGP works but i cant download the program what i am asking is there a website that could do it for me aned let me know what the encrypted message says.

yeah i understand how PGP works but i cant download the program what i am asking is there a website that could do it for me aned let me know what the encrypted message says.

something on AO .

Ok maybe its impossible but wouldnt it be Phat if u could do that just have a website decrypt it for you!!

something on AO .

Ok maybe its impossible but wouldnt it be Phat if u could do that just have a website decrypt it for you!!