Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: True Patriotism

**Warning**
    Below will be a Pro-American post and yes it is coming from me.. HAH

Hey Hey,

That picture says a lot to me, that man is a great man. Americans have great respect for their country, they seem to (for the most part) pull together and show their colours when the need be.

I've been raised to show repect to the Canadian flag, but I don't think I've ever shown it that much repect, beyond removing my hat and facing it at Hockey Games, and standing when the Royal Canadian Legion Members march in parades.

I wish that that aspect of the United States would rub off on Canada. I wish we were truly more patriotic. Hell we've got a Province that wants to seperate and no longer be part of Canada. That's a huge lack of patriotism.

Anyways kudos to American for being one of the most patriotic countries in the world.

As a side note, i'm a freedom of speech advocate, but i think flag burners should recieve the death penalty just because it's disrepectful not only to the country but to all it's citizens.

I am very glad to see that post from you HTRegz, its been dishearting to hear some of the comments made by you considering that a great friend of mine lives in London Ontario. We understand one another and have almost all the same views(Rob and I). I would fight and die for him and your country anyday as an American. I am from Minnesota so I have been to Canada a few times and I love it! Its like a friendlier version of America LOL(except the French-Canadians,they arent too pleasant )

Cudo's to you

That man reminds me of half of my family. My grandfather fought in both WWII and the Korean war and everytime there is some form of a march for his brothers lost in arms or parades or whatever, he is there carrying one of the flags. The only reason this is strange is because my grandfather can hardly see, he has horrible diabetics, legs hardly even work. But he will endure the pain for his lost friends and countryman. I was brought up so that every memorial day I would walk through the cemetary with him and put flags on the graves of dead soliders, So i was brought up to respect the american flag and I hate to see people talking (during the anthem) or not standing up in the presence of our flag, especially when the men that put their lives on the line for this country are carrying it. I just wish more ppl would understand and show a little respect. My deepest respect goes to that man, past, and present soldiers.
    Duct tape.....A whole lot of Duct Tape
    Spyware/Adaware problem click
    here

Disgruntled Postal Worker fourdc's Avatar
    I've been to many hockey games and sung "O Canada" when the opposing team is Canadian. I don't understand why the United States national anthem was booed at the Islanders game last evening.

I remember all the flack the US Marines got when they accidentally flew the colors of Canada upside down at the world series a few years ago.

Dave
    ddddc

"Somehow saying I told you so just doesn't cover it" Will Smith in I, Robot

It happens because some people are just plain ignorant.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

I remember all the flack the US Marines got when they accidentally flew the colors of Canada upside down at the world series a few years ago.
    Accident or not, if we (Canada) did that to the American Flag, you'd igve us just as much "flack" about it, probably more.

As for the booing at sporting events.... that's been going on for years now, as long as I've been watching sporting events anyways... It just seems every so often the opposing country will do it.... Why? because like KorpDeath said, people are ignorant....