View Poll Results: Are my Win2003 Posts helpful?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, very helpful. Keep posting whatever you find

7 77.78%
  • Somewhat helpful. More details are needed to make me happy.

2 22.22%
  • I could take it or leave it.

0 0%
  • Stop wasting my time.

0 0%

Thread: UNIX Mail and a quick opinion poll.

UNIX Mail and a quick opinion poll.

Im sorry if this isnt the right forum to put this but i wasnt to sure wich one it belonged in.

My question is for everyone thats used Linux UNIx BSD and what not, ok, everyone thats used it for a while prolly knows the mail command. Well, sometimes i use my Windows machine when im doing homework, i was wondering, is there a program for Windows, that i can download that will act like the mail command of Linux?

i know this is kind of confusing because im really not sure how to explain it and im sorry, but, for example (ill give an example because i know im not explaining this to great)

When im using my Linux box, if i dont have the GUI loaded or if have a terminal up, i can type :

mail

and check mail from local users, or:

mail -s "subject" adress@mail.com
    and send mail...i know its a lil odd but i kinda like how i could mail someone without loading anything, does anyone know of a program that does this on Windows?

UNIX Mail and a quick opinion poll.

Im sorry if this isnt the right forum to put this but i wasnt to sure wich one it belonged in.

My question is for everyone thats used Linux UNIx BSD and what not, ok, everyone thats used it for a while prolly knows the mail command. Well, sometimes i use my Windows machine when im doing homework, i was wondering, is there a program for Windows, that i can download that will act like the mail command of Linux?

i know this is kind of confusing because im really not sure how to explain it and im sorry, but, for example (ill give an example because i know im not explaining this to great)

When im using my Linux box, if i dont have the GUI loaded or if have a terminal up, i can type :

mail

and check mail from local users, or:

mail -s "subject" adress@mail.com
    and send mail...i know its a lil odd but i kinda like how i could mail someone without loading anything, does anyone know of a program that does this on Windows?

what your looking for is the good ole mailx mailer.... I havent seen a port to win to speak of but I am almost certain one is out there, you may look at cygwin as I know theres a mailx package for that.....

I'll keep my eyes open
    ~THEJRC~
    I\'ll preach my pessimism right out loud to anyone that listens!
    I\'m not afraid to be alive.... I\'m afraid to be alone.

what your looking for is the good ole mailx mailer.... I havent seen a port to win to speak of but I am almost certain one is out there, you may look at cygwin as I know theres a mailx package for that.....

I'll keep my eyes open
    ~THEJRC~
    I\'ll preach my pessimism right out loud to anyone that listens!
    I\'m not afraid to be alive.... I\'m afraid to be alone.