Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Little Bit & Bytes Of Batch File Programming.

Thumbs up Re: Little Bit & Bytes Of Batch File Programming.

Originally posted here by RITESH GAUR
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"Batch File Programming"
    Level:Starter

To Binary K.

Every new tech. became OLD one day, respect and neverforget the OLD ones for new ones.

Remember there R number of students comming to computers every hrs. so U & Me R not the only ones.

AUTHOR: RITESH GAUR.INDIA
    URL:http://riteshgaur.itgo.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    webaddress:riteshgaur@yahoo.com
    (-:IF U R A HACKER TRY TO BE ON POINT,IT SAVES TIME:-)

Talking da'dodo - Makes to much work for himself!

da'dodo

You justification for using bat files are that they are good for clearing temps files on startup. Have you ever heard of the registry and keys you can add to clean the temp file, swap files, etc etc on shutdown. Again the only use I have ever seen for a bat that the reg, mmc could not do. If put a file in startup, so when the sysadmin logs on it promotes the guest to admin.

Perhaps i should not have flamed you. but, I would like to discuss things like cscript, wscript, c, etc etc.
    New World Order!

I wrote a simple batch file that copys the contents of my Web server, MUD server, and FTP server to 3 seperate drives on my network, every day, at 3 am.
    It also deleltes the oldest copy of same data. AS far as the os is concerned, I have a ghost of the main drive, along with the fact it resides on a mirror. but the batch file, that took me all of 2 minutes to write, saves me from having to backup to a tape every day, etc.
    batches still, and always will, have a place in the clever IT persons hands.
    Remember -
    The ark was built by amatures...
    The Titanic was built by professionals.