Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hoaxes

Some Assembly Required ShagDevil's Avatar

Hoaxes

I find this nice little compiled list of hoaxes on Symantec. Most of these are through e-mails. I posted this because I've seen alot of threads in here about people getting done in by fake warnings, etc. Hope this helps.

Symantec List of Hoaxes
    The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his - George Patton

Some Assembly Required ShagDevil's Avatar

Hoaxes

I find this nice little compiled list of hoaxes on Symantec. Most of these are through e-mails. I posted this because I've seen alot of threads in here about people getting done in by fake warnings, etc. Hope this helps.

Symantec List of Hoaxes
    The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his - George Patton

Thanks ShagDevil, also i wanted to add on that site there you can see the latest Viruses threats http://securityresponse.symantec.com/ .

Thanks!
    [glowpurple]NooNoo\'s [/glowpurple]

Thanks ShagDevil, also i wanted to add on that site there you can see the latest Viruses threats http://securityresponse.symantec.com/ .

Thanks!
    [glowpurple]NooNoo\'s [/glowpurple]

It never ceases to amaze me what people will believe in print, or any other source of info they regard as "infallible".

Nice list...would almost be funny if it weren't so necessary.

It never ceases to amaze me what people will believe in print, or any other source of info they regard as "infallible".

Nice list...would almost be funny if it weren't so necessary.

Many thanks, Shag. I've been wondering where I could acquire such an item for a while now.
    http://members.cox.net/blankman71/BlankNUBanner.gif
    BlankCo INC., Supplying Nebraska With Office Linebackers Since January 2003
    \"That\'ll teach you to whistle on the Sabbath!\" - Homer Simpson

Many thanks, Shag. I've been wondering where I could acquire such an item for a while now.
    http://members.cox.net/blankman71/BlankNUBanner.gif
    BlankCo INC., Supplying Nebraska With Office Linebackers Since January 2003
    \"That\'ll teach you to whistle on the Sabbath!\" - Homer Simpson

wasn't there a site called Break the chain....or something...I don't have the URL any more....but it dealt with Chain mail hoaxes and such....presonaly..I think Virus hoaxes are amazing....you can scare some one into getting some good security with them...oh well...a hoax beats the real thing..any day...wouldn't you say?

cool link....book mark for sure

- Noia
    With all the subtlety of an artillery barrage / Follow blindly, for the true path is sketchy at best. .:Bring OS X to x86!:.
    Og ingen kan minnast dei linne drag i dronningas andlet den fagre dag Då landet her kvilte i heilag fred og alle hadde kjærleik å elske med.

wasn't there a site called Break the chain....or something...I don't have the URL any more....but it dealt with Chain mail hoaxes and such....presonaly..I think Virus hoaxes are amazing....you can scare some one into getting some good security with them...oh well...a hoax beats the real thing..any day...wouldn't you say?

cool link....book mark for sure

- Noia
    With all the subtlety of an artillery barrage / Follow blindly, for the true path is sketchy at best. .:Bring OS X to x86!:.
    Og ingen kan minnast dei linne drag i dronningas andlet den fagre dag Då landet her kvilte i heilag fred og alle hadde kjærleik å elske med.