Linux Firewall Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Linux Firewall Help

Post Linux Firewall Help

I searched the forum for help and I appologize in advance if this has already been posted. I recently installed lycoris linux and I am looking for a FREE software firewall to install. Does anyone have a good one to reccomend? Thanks -neta1o-
    ][ neta1o ][

Post Linux Firewall Help

I searched the forum for help and I appologize in advance if this has already been posted. I recently installed lycoris linux and I am looking for a FREE software firewall to install. Does anyone have a good one to reccomend? Thanks -neta1o-
    ][ neta1o ][

Well try this site. I found some good stuff in there.
    Click here to view.

Hope that helps!
    [glowpurple]NooNoo\'s [/glowpurple]

Well try this site. I found some good stuff in there.
    Click here to view.

Hope that helps!
    [glowpurple]NooNoo\'s [/glowpurple]

Well it's just a good day to be you neta1o. You see, you already have free firewalling software built into your distro. All you have to do is set up your IPTABLES!. There is a tutorial on it right here.
    Have fun.

Well it's just a good day to be you neta1o. You see, you already have free firewalling software built into your distro. All you have to do is set up your IPTABLES!. There is a tutorial on it right here.
    Have fun.

Netfilter/IPTables is an excellent firewall already integrated in the kernel. And if you don't like command lines (what idea with Linux!), many distros include a GUI to configure it. You should search if you don't have one installed with Lycoris. Otherwise you can find a ton of scripts on Internet to help you in this task. But, as usual, I advice you to learn directly the commands.

KC
    Life is boring. Play NetHack... --more--

Netfilter/IPTables is an excellent firewall already integrated in the kernel. And if you don't like command lines (what idea with Linux!), many distros include a GUI to configure it. You should search if you don't have one installed with Lycoris. Otherwise you can find a ton of scripts on Internet to help you in this task. But, as usual, I advice you to learn directly the commands.

KC
    Life is boring. Play NetHack... --more--

thread_killer is absolutely correct. IPTables can do ALL you want to do and more. It can be a bit overwhelming when you start to look at IPTables. As with all things I start learning, get on google and search search search and then read read read!!!! I also like books, so if you can find a good cheap book, or if you don't care about the money, a good expensive book and get to learning......There are tons of IPTables configuration scripts on the net, as well as GUI apps that you can run in Gnome, KDE, X, etc....Good luck.....Once you get into IPTables definetly start learning about your logs and utils that can watch those logs so you know who is doing what to your system.....

thread_killer is absolutely correct. IPTables can do ALL you want to do and more. It can be a bit overwhelming when you start to look at IPTables. As with all things I start learning, get on google and search search search and then read read read!!!! I also like books, so if you can find a good cheap book, or if you don't care about the money, a good expensive book and get to learning......There are tons of IPTables configuration scripts on the net, as well as GUI apps that you can run in Gnome, KDE, X, etc....Good luck.....Once you get into IPTables definetly start learning about your logs and utils that can watch those logs so you know who is doing what to your system.....