*NIX File Systems (whatcha using)

Thread: *NIX File Systems (whatcha using)

Question *NIX File Systems (whatcha using)

This is just a general question as to what FS have other people tried with their *NIX's? I personally have started messing around with ReiserFS. I ditched the ext2/3 formats. I can honestly say that I can see an improvement in disk access time. I would highly recommend trying ReiserFS on their *NIX systems. One point though, if you already have a running system you will have to toast it and start all over. All data will be lost in the conversion. Another FS I've wanted to try is the XFS. LinuxJournal had a pretty good article on FS's about a month or two ago......

Question *NIX File Systems (whatcha using)

This is just a general question as to what FS have other people tried with their *NIX's? I personally have started messing around with ReiserFS. I ditched the ext2/3 formats. I can honestly say that I can see an improvement in disk access time. I would highly recommend trying ReiserFS on their *NIX systems. One point though, if you already have a running system you will have to toast it and start all over. All data will be lost in the conversion. Another FS I've wanted to try is the XFS. LinuxJournal had a pretty good article on FS's about a month or two ago......

Yes, I read an excellent article in a magazine about the the Reiser4 included in the 2.6 kernel. It seems to really rock. Benchmarks show two times better performances than on previous file sytems.
    I will try it if I can when the 2.6 kernel is published.
    Life is boring. Play NetHack... --more--

Yes, I read an excellent article in a magazine about the the Reiser4 included in the 2.6 kernel. It seems to really rock. Benchmarks show two times better performances than on previous file sytems.
    I will try it if I can when the 2.6 kernel is published.
    Life is boring. Play NetHack... --more--