Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Microsoft is spying on you .... and yes there is proof

of course windows update sends them a list of installed components and software on your PC - how else do they know what updates your PC needs. For example - if I don't have a program installed on my PC - am I going to want an update for that program - no - I'm not - does that mean they are spying on me - that's a matter of opinion. Of course I'm pro Microsoft - but I don't work for them or anything - I just hate seeing them get beaten up all them time. If you don't like how they run things - don't use microsoft - if you don't want to quit using them - and think the above process is spying - then don't do auto updates - but good luck having things run smoothly.

Before anyone beats me up - yes I read the article - the whole article - there is nothing new here - and the part of them being able to block you out of their website - I work for a bank - I can also block anyone's access to our website - and have a program that tells me statistics from each IP that logs on to our website - which OS and so forth - which browser - so I guess I'm spying on them as well?

I hope your post was not directed at me... I was merely suggesting another way to update your system.

Methinks the message wasn't clear enough, the Machine (aka Microsoft) is spying on you and they have for some time. I may be a paranoid schizo, but I've known that for a while. I'll also say this that most o' the time we are watchexd w/out our knowledge anyway and it doesn't matter who is doing it. G. Orwell's book is more right than wrong.
    I know they can't keep a constant vigil on you other than the fact that you done something really illegal. then again there;s the TIA thing where the DOD (or similar) is going to put you in the database of troublemakers and that'll more-or-less be it for you (to a degree anyway)
    Peteyman
    It\'s better the devil you know, than the devil
    me
    you don\'t.- uhme\'s wifey
    [shadow]Onward Jeeves[/shadow] [blur]Onward Jeeves[/blur]

The truth of the matter is that very few other companies (or no other companies) are in such an excellent position to spy on the world's population as Microsoft. They have written the code to the operating system for approx. 90% of the world's computers in use today, and they're making a run at the console gaming and cell phone markets as well. Microsoft owned websites are some of the most highly trafficked sites on the 'net. What is to stop them from gathering sensitive information covertly every time you check your Hotmail? Only a few lines of law. Do I think this will deter them from doing so? Not really. That information is just too valuable! They have likely developed their own protocols for transfering this information to their "knowledge base" outside of standard tcp/ip so they can be an even more dominant monopoly. Now, go buy an Apple and replace that Windows OS with Linux!

Seconded Moose! Wise fellow....

Re: Big Deal

Originally posted here by SodaMoca5
    ...then donate to the major political party of your choice (mine was to the Republicans)

What does scare me is how the Government is trying to get access to the information to use in civil and criminal prosecutions. This is where the intrusion is, that is where the assumption of privacy is violated. When Orwell talked about Big Brother watching he didn't mean Bill Gates but his model is quickly coming to resemble Uncle Sam.
    How then, if you are scared of this goverments deeds, do you justify donating to the Republican Party? It's quite obvious that a conservative/right wing party is more interested in policing and accessing personal information thus taking (away) civil liberties.

This link will inform you about the new government's plans for the internet...
    http://www.guerrillanews.com/civil_l...es/doc953.html

Banned
    Like you didn't know this? ! So MS gets a list of all their products installed on your machine and other companies do the same as well, besides watching for all the pr0n/media/audio file u download... the sites your surf are being tracked, your government has a trojan laying somewhere in your ISP, nsa and other agencies have been sharing some of your emails with other countries, if you use your credit card, there are companies that specialize in providing a profile of your shopping habits to others, your insurance company knows more about you then imaginable, your phone may be bugged periodically w/o you even knowing it, your criminal&credit history are available for a reasonable fee of 20 dollars over the internet and somebody is about to fake your identity.

*WELCOME TO THIS WORLD*

Collapse the program you talking about don't have the source code of the Windows to made any further changes via the site of M$. I won't take any risk.

This info has been up on numerous Swedish IT-news sites, and I belive MS has even made a statment about WHY they collect information that should be considered private. I really need some links to back this up, but Im to lazy to go find them

.sig - There never was a .sig?
    I own a Schneider EuroPC with MS-Dos 3.3 and it works.

those are all preety great ideas