Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Microsoft is spying on you .... and yes there is proof

Exclamation Microsoft is spying on you .... and yes there is proof

People have been saying for years that Microsoft is spying on people using Windows. People have been spouting crazy sounding theories about how Microsoft knows what is on your computer, knows what movies you are watching, and is installing software over the internet without your knowledge. Those people are usually dismissed as kooks and paranoids, and are often challenged to "run a port sniffer and see for yourself". Well, it seems that a lot of people have a lot of crow to eat, because as it turns out, Microsoft really is spying on its users, and they've been caught at it red-handed.
    Click here for full story.

>Wow this is crazy i think. Tell me what you guys think.
    [glowpurple]NooNoo\'s [/glowpurple]

I think M$ is full of it and they'll say, do anything to sell you their software.

PuRe
    Like this post? Visit PuRe\'s Information Technology Community. We\'ve also got some kick ass Technology Forums. Shop for books and dvds on LiveWebShop.com

Wow!!! I didnt know this! I'm using XP right now as im typing this reply. I wonder what I should do. This changes my outlook on microsoft. Thanks for the article.

Chris

Microsoft sucks.
    and Yes, i use windows.
    \"I have a 386 Pentium.\"

sounds like an ad for spycop to me

I moved it from ChitChat to Microsoft so people who follow Microsoft would be able to see it.

- JupMan

p.s. a re-direct still exists from the original ChitChat thead.

Everyone should use on outbound ACL (Access Control List) to stop any access to MS sites. They can't get the info if you can't connect to them...ha ha....

I agree with Dr. Fubar. I would need some additional information from a major news company that I have heard of before.

It could be true and if it is it doesn't bother me to much. If I want to buy a Microsoft Poduct then I buy it. If I don't want to buy it then I don't buy it.
    =

Big Deal

Everyone knows that data is collected off of major websites. When you buy something it is maintained in a database. Whether you buy it off line or on. If you rent from Hollywood Video they keep track of your rentals. Do they sell the information? Probably. If you don't want to be tracked this way then buy with cash at Mom and Pop operations that don't use computers and have crappy filing systems.

Does M$ suck? Yes in many ways they do. However the type of information mining you are talking about is common and standard business practice. Everyone, including banks, supermarkets, telemarketers, and donation seekers do it. Lonely and want some phone calls then donate to the major political party of your choice (mine was to the Republicans) you will get phone calls and queries all the time from the National party, the state party, the county party and the local party. I was just surprised that the High School student version of the party didn't come by to sell me candy bars.

What Microsoft, Intuit, and Wal-Mart are doing doesn't scare me. What does scare me is how the Government is trying to get access to the information to use in civil and criminal prosecutions. This is where the intrusion is, that is where the assumption of privacy is violated. When Orwell talked about Big Brother watching he didn't mean Bill Gates but his model is quickly coming to resemble Uncle Sam.
    SodaMoca5
    \"We are pressing through the sphincter of assholiness\"

Sounds to me like the site is just trying to make a little money. I would also need more news from a reliable source than that.

PeacE
    -BoB