View Poll Results: Do we live in a Matrix World ?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

1 20.00%
  • No

0 0%
  • Maybe

3 60.00%
  • Impossible

1 20.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Curious: Who uses notepad for html?

Banned

Question Curious: Who uses notepad for html?

Hey All,

Been keeping my peace for a month or so just lurking around (& putting importance on other matters) and figured that the best way to get back into the groove of things is to post a somewhat informative poll.

I've noticed several threads asking what is the best html editor/composed and noticed quite a few avid notepad users (myself included - proudly displaying it on my site.. )

So I figured I'd get a poll going to see how many of us AO'ers actually use notepad (either as primary tool or refinery tool)

Personally, I use notepad because I was introduced to html with it, find there's more control on coding (& placement) as well as commenting as so on....

Opinions strongly suggested!

Thats the only way that i do my html coding. I dont like WYSIWYG editors. They screw up my code too often.

PeacE
    -BoB

Banned
    Screw up, mix up, alternate..... I prefer total control then relying on something else.

But That's just me

My only complaint about using Notepad for HTML editing is that it's very easy to overwrite or mix up your files and file contents. Otherwise, I like to use a text editor to tweak my code after I build the main page in a WYSISYG editor.

When I was working as an HTML-slave, I was using Allaire Homesite, that really rocked, but now, when there is no project to be working on, I use Get Diz, dont ask me why, I just like to code using terminal as font and green BG and black as FG, I feel so much more hardcore that way
    .sig - There never was a .sig?
    I own a Schneider EuroPC with MS-Dos 3.3 and it works.

GreekGoddess
    I use a combination of Notepad and Dreamweaver, the latter being mostly for layouts, which saves me some time, and Notepad for the things I'd rather do myself. I used NoteTab Pro for a while, as I enjoyed the syntax highlighting, and I use PHPEdit, obviously for PHP pages.

I started out using notepad, but dreamweaver is not bad.

PuRe
    Like this post? Visit PuRe\'s Information Technology Community. We\'ve also got some kick ass Technology Forums. Shop for books and dvds on LiveWebShop.com

I admit, I'm not the best or brightest coder on the planet, not my forte, but when I do write in HTML, it's in notepad. It's simple, small and does the job for me, as a matter of fact, I'd suggest it as a starter for those looking to write and test HTML.
    http://members.cox.net/blankman71/BlankNUBanner.gif
    BlankCo INC., Supplying Nebraska With Office Linebackers Since January 2003
    \"That\'ll teach you to whistle on the Sabbath!\" - Homer Simpson

I primarily use Notepad also. The only exception is if my file gets to large, I switch to Word. Scripts can get bulky.

I too started with Notepad and prefer having the benefit of seeing my code, hand written, come to life. It also makes it easier when I have to go back and change something.
    Semper Gumby

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Ya bunch of wussies! Use a real-man's tool: vi!

I code by hand --usually in vi -- and sometimes get lazy and plop something into FrontPage but I usually do it to look at code, all colour-coded and when ssh'ing to my school's webbox is too slow.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage