Thread: Question of the Week

Just West of Beantown, though nobody from Beantown actually calls it "Beantown."

Question Question of the Week

Monday again...

I know it's sort of along the same line as last week's, but I've been busy at work today.

If you could control AntiOnline for one day, what would you do?

/me I'd put the General Chit Chat , etc. threads back on the main page
    Above ground, vertical, and exchanging gasses.
    Now you see me | Now you don't
    "Relax, Bender; It was just a dream. There's no such thing as two." ~ Fry
    sometimes my computer goes down on me

I have to agree....I don't even read the main page anymore, I just click on discussion forums. I would also give it back to JP
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

() \/V |\| 3 |) |3\/ |\|3G47|\/3
    I don't even read the main page anymore
    Funny...I keep doing the opposite. I keep forgetting about the chit-chat and cosmos. However, having it off the front page makes me feel more comfortable to post in these forums.

To answer the question....after seeing those God-awful banners.....I'd make banner free surfing (and make it so it couldn't be changed back after my "day" was up).

I would also love to make it where you can customize your own page. You know, which forums you want to show up on "your own" main page. Maybe I would make it a feature that you have after a certain number of posts.

Go Finland!
    Deviant Gallery

I would also love to make it where you can customize your own page. You know, which forums you want to show up on "your own" main page. Maybe I would make it a feature that you have after a certain number of posts.
    I think this is a great idea, because wasn't there problems in the past when filtering was introduced, because people were simply posting their threads in forums that showed up on the front page? If it was different for everybody, then people would still post in the correct forums, because those who wanted to see it would see it.

I'd make more bonuses and features for members with lots of posts/antipoints. Like filtering the forums you want to see on the main page, or maybe getting an email address or a subdomain (even if they're just redirected).

I'd get a human moderator for each forum who is a valued member of the community right now (i.e. a current senior/addict), not someone from outside. This could be another way of giving something back to the members that make this site, and let them contribute to the way they want the site run.

Also, with the banners thing... it's hardly that big of a deal. Scroll down for a second. If it bothers you that much, use a hosts file or get proxomitron. And I would much prefer a banner at the top of the page to popups opening everywhere.

Although the current design is good and soothing, but i'd also go for a design makeover. Not something that hurts the eye, but for a change.
    I'd agree about giving it back to JP. More freestyle.
    \"I have a 386 Pentium.\"