Thread: An Introduction to Stack Buffer Overflows on x86 Microprocessors.

An Introduction to Stack Buffer Overflows on x86 Microprocessors.

let me hear your opinions
    I don\'t wanna grow up change my skateboard for a tie

wow that was very informative i just needa learn ASM now but thanks anywho
    \"Their are only two infinite things, the universe and human stupidity\"--Alber Einstein

nice post...
    check out www.phrack.org
    they have quite a few on overflows-
    y'know- for fun and profit
    yeah, I\'m gonna need that by friday...

The Recidivist
    This has nothing to do with the tutorial (which by the way was informative but still quite a bit over my head) but I just had to comment on the irony of WhiteDwarf18's signature at the bottom. That has so made my day!
    "Where the tree of knowledge stands, there is always paradise": thus speak the oldest and the youngest serpents.
    - Friedrich Nietzsche

are you implying im stupid?
    \"Their are only two infinite things, the universe and human stupidity\"--Alber Einstein

Well first off give credit where it is due this is not new information nor did you do anything more then cut and paste just my thoughts you asked for them. I'd not give this to any college prof cause he is gonna know you cheated. I don't give points here but remember just cause you just discovered this stuff cannot make it new do a search more in depth here maybe on things called stacks. Important point is in not that these things are there but where in a program you may exploit them, if so then the question becomes why for what as and I know who says for profit as in to steal a persons ID or credit info? Jen first point in getting caught is that some of us always know it's you
    I believe that one of the characteristics of the human race - possibly the one that is primarily responsible for its course of evolution - is that it has grown by creatively responding to failure.- Glen Seaborg

theres bibliography (aka credits)
    (=
    I don\'t wanna grow up change my skateboard for a tie