Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Anti-Spyware Program

() \/V |\| 3 |) |3\/ |\|3G47|\/3
    the only thing is.... Spy Sweeper crashed my box (twice) scanning a 300 MB zip file (openoffice)
    I just installed and ran Spy Sweeper and it crashed my machine twice, too!! I currently use Spybot Search and Destroy and PestPatrol (and a few other things) and have never had any problems. I was wondering what some of you think of these two products compared with some of the other things available.

Go Finland!
    Deviant Gallery

interesting, I've just used Spy sweeper..... didn't crash my system incidentally so it looks like it could be a sporadic issue with crashing - and I do have both Ad aware and Spybot search & destroy on my XP box so I wouldn't be so sure that its these prorams causing the crashes.

However I was rather horrified to learn that two pieces of legit software I have (Dance Ejay 2 and Dance Ejay 4 - if anyones interested - I have them for recreational use) apparently have key loggers built into them called e-surveillance!! As I've had both of these progs on the WinXP box for over a year (note that neither Ad-aware and Spybot detected these keyloggers!) I'm a teensy bit pissed off....... read that as being effing livid! So I'd suggest people at least give this Spy sweeper a chance.

I'm off to make noises to the folks who produce the Dance Ejay series now

Z
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes

Yet again a company/corporation taking advantage of their program being popular. Not mentioning anyone (MS). This is unfortuneate to hear, are you sure it's not a false positive tho?

I might install this now, even if it is shareware!

I install (2days ago??) and it does pick up things others miss and vice versa. I did however also install outpost, the firewall, after reading a post about the same time and that catches a lot of crap (ads).
    I use advanced system optimizer, the cleaner, anti-trojan, spybot search and destroy (read the eula, it is pretty cool) , ad aware and now, spy sweeper. I actually like the shareware(home pc) because there is something new and better coming out every couple of weeks to help protect against the scum out there.
    Nice post
    the only way to fix it is to flush it all away-tool

Cannot Recommend this product enough, found two RAT's that Housecall, Panda Active Scan, and avast didn't find. Even if it is shareware , DOWNLOAD IT AND SCAN NOW!!

Collapse.. no I can't guarantee that my findings aren't false positives.... however I have written to the folks who make E-Jay and given them a chance to refute Spy Sweepers claims. I suspect they won't respond but I'll keep you all posted if they do.

I for one am not happy about the thought that a lot of my projects may have been captured by this potential keylogger and sent to some company who frankly have no right to view what I write. And yeah I agree it's appalling that a company would even do this.... I can just about cope with demographics being made available for marketing purposes etc... but having a keylogger installed as part of the software.....that is going a bit far if you ask me.

Z
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes