Does This Ever Happen To You?

Thread: Does This Ever Happen To You?

Does This Ever Happen To You?

Hi all,

Sometimes when i'm on the computer fro a while i just go blind. Everthing goes really bright. If I wear sunglasses it seems to help. I was just wondering if this has happened to any of you.
    Do any of you know if this means there is a problem with my eyes?

Thanx

Backtrails

Sometimes when i'm on the computer fro a while i just go blind
    is a problem with my eyes?
    I am not sure anyone here is an eye doctor, but if you're going blind, chances are you should have your eyes looked at.

Cheers:
    DjM

yah

Yah you are probly right

Backtrails

Everthing goes really bright.
    Did you, by any chance, happen to see a UFO ?
    \"I have a 386 Pentium.\"

Do you have any other lights on when your on the computer. Do not sit in total darkness while on a computer. It helps to have some other light to relieve eye strain.....

Banned
    yah i get a bit like that at times, went and saw a doc and thay toled me to take brakes from the computer every 15 min or so.

id still be going to a doc or optomatrest to have it checked out just incase there is somthing serverly wrong with your sight,

get back to me with what thay say id love to know.

check it out!

Sorry backtrails !

If i was you I'll check it out before you go blind for good.Get a bigger monitor or if you are using windows you can use the disability setting or on display setting use high big contrast - so that u dont put too much strain on your eyes.Take 15 min break every hour.During the break look far-like out your window etc.

Dr Evil

GreekGoddess
    You're probably experiencing strain due to a lot of factors that are part of your environment. It sounds from your description this might be due to excessive staring at the monitor or the glare that the room lights are producing on the screen and are reflecting towards your eyes. At any rate, it would be good to take some breaks momentarily and rest, not to mention seeing your physician. If you do wear glasses, he/she can recommend glare reduction lenses.

http://www.prio.com/consumers/9ways.shtml
    http://www.cvconsulting.com/cures.htm

I was an optometric assistant for a few years. . .yeah I know not a doc, but I did learn quite a bit. . .when all you see is brightness or periods of brightness, it's more than likely fatigue, nothing big, just do what everyone else suggested. . .but you should definately go to see an eye doc.. the flashes of brightness could also be any number of things, from a tumor pushing against the optic nerve, to macular degeneration, to one of the symptoms of developing diabetes.
    Every now and then, one of you won't annoy me.