Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Evil Administrator

Cool Evil Administrator

Hey everyone,
    On the network that i'm on at school, the administrator is a megalomaniac and has disabled almost everything including being able to change the background to the point of him deleteing the sub-command that enables you to change it through the option on the web
    (right click,set as walpaper) so my question is: is there a way to get around it at all?

Hey robo3245 may be the administrator disabled those settings to prevent malicious user to change the system settings, and prevent from tampering and distroying some files, but anyway you can still enable those settings back to normal. Try visit this sites, www.winboost.com, http://www.xteq.com,<a rel="nofollow...uides.com</a>, and downloads the tools, this will help you tweaking back the system. Good Luck!

The admin may be evil, but he is the admin. It's his network to control, and it could even be the school's policy to be locked down this tight. I can't say that I blame the admin, I do some of the same here. Bottom line is, if you are on a network where you are not the admin, don't try to get around the security - if you are caught, you might be banned from accessing that network, or even some penalty from school. If the measures are in place, leave it alone and just deal with it.
    - Maverick

Yeah, maverick is right. If s/he knows how to disable this actions then s/he can find you, while disturbing his long sleep with your malicious actions(changing the wallpaper haha...)!!!

If you have a big problem, and others (especially teachers and other staff), then maybe you should go to a school board meeting (or a few) and bring this matter up. The only people who can change the policies are those who write them.

If you've read any of my posts on matters like this before you will know I went through stuff like this, and I tried getting around the system. As I was never caught for it, people knew and the word got around to the admin. Who I think had me framed for "doing stuff" on the network so I would be banned from touching the computers. You don't want to be in that sort of position, because it could get REALLY ugly. Find the right political ways of dealing with stuff, who knows maybe you can help yourself and others to come after you. Don't be the criminal, be the hero man, or at least try.
    [shadow]There is no right and wrong, only fun and boring...
    Formatting my server because someone hacked into it sounds pretty boring to me...
    That\'s why it\'s all about AntiOnline.com!
    [/shadow]

as an admin, what makes us "evil" is having to listen to everyone else complain because some child has personalized a publicly accessible computer... The changes may be easy to repair, but it takes time out of our day to come fix a problem that you made because you're not mature enough to use a computer responsibly and abide by the rules that we have setup.

If the rules aren't complied with and our time is spent repairing these "vandalized" pc's the next step might be supervised computer use, or removal of these systems from public access.

Use what's provided or provide your own... and quit screwing up the computers.

ps... I said child, i meant child because an adult is mature enough to respect the rules.

Thank you g00n! I too am a admin (elementary though) but the kids still loved to change the background to their stupid Pokemon pictures, and did everything else they possible could do. Teachers complained that they couldn't go and plan trips because of the firewall, my response, "Well, I can alway's ask the superintendant if they want me to free that site up, so that you can plan your summer vacation on the company's dime" Needless to say, I haven't heard a peep about my precautions. I agree with g00n, quit your whining (it only wastes our time and yours) and when you want to screw around, do it somewhere else, on your own computer, geez. Where it's not our responsibility to fix it when you mess around with it!
    Because I am a woman, I must make unusual efforts to succeed. If I fail, no one will say, "She doesn't have what it takes"; They will say, "Women don't have what it takes".
    Clare Boothe Luce

Heh, I can't wait for the day one of user/student at the school I admin posts something like that here! hehe...

BTW, you might think changing the background to some innocent picture should be fine, but I promise you that if we (school admins) were to allow that, it would take less than a week (heck, the first day) for someone to leave inapropriate content (pr0n, hate, whatever) on a desktop just before he leaves. Can you imagine us (school admins) having to report to the principal (or whomever) as of why this was allowed to happen, after parents start calling in in outrage?!

Ammo
    Credit travels up, blame travels down -- The Boss

Why do you want to change the background of a computer at school in the first place? My school district's policy doesn't allow you users to change the background, and if you are caught you lose your privileges to use school computers for the rest of the school year.

This looks like a job for: THE BASTARD SYS ADMIN FROM MICHIGAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    by the way #6 should be started soon so dont worry muahahahahahahahahahahahahah