Thread: Website Uptime/Downtime Logger

Website Uptime/Downtime Logger

Does anyone know of any tools that will record the uptime/downtime of a website? Our webhost has been giving us a lot of trouble lately and we wanted to see how long our website is down a month. Also, the program has to run on a Windows box.

Thanks
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)

There's a cool monitor program called Big Brother that can watch port 80 and keeps a record of the history of what happened and when. I'm sure there are others, but I've used BB before and it worked without much configuration. Point to made is that it requres a client on the server you are monitoring, so if you don't have access to do this, then this will not be a solution. It does work on NT and *nix

Big Brother

Wells its not necessarily a piece of software, but Netcraft can keep track of a websites uptime and plot it on a graph after about a week or two of monitoring.
    You're not your post count, You're not your avatar or sig, You're not how fast your internet connection is, You are not your processor, hard drive, or graphics card. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of AO
    09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

Thanks, Ill check that out.
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)

Also a very good tool is called Server Alive? and what it does is just ping or sends any type of packet u allow to the server every min. or so however often u want and will say if its up or down, im pretty sure that u can keep track the amount of time its been up/down. Its very customizable and even plays a sound of ur choice when a server goes down. You can put a server on maint. status to stop the server from playin the sound when its down and on maint. or something. If a server goes down it can send alerts to u on a cell phone or pager or email allowing u to know on the run. We have this at our office and is very nice.