why would i feel like a moron? for responding to a part og negatives post that everyone else has ignored?

umm first off i said unilateral global action, witch is what this complaint is about. all internal laws are unilatreal, thast what soverignty is. global things, like attacking another country can be made unilaterally, but are globla becasue it forces an action in others that they have no choice about. tarrifs they can always choose not to trade with us. but u cant claim us laws are unfairly unilateral.

and the 30% tarriffs are there for a reason.

yes they do have the tariff there for a reason. the steel tariff is in place mainly becasue of japan and other nations selling steel so cheaply(us claims they are being dumped on us at below price) that steel makers here cant compete. in order to keep SEVERAL THOUSAND employees employed and stop the entire us steel market from collapsing, the us imposed tarriffs to keep the prices competitive.

the EU imposed the tarriif on fruit because namly chaquita was importing bananas and other fruit so cheaply from south america that it was puting local growers out of bussiness. EU raised tarriffs to raise the price so that they could compete with the imports. FYI, in retaliation fot that tarriff, clinton imposed a tarriff on goods from the EU, mostly novelty things and batteries if i recall.

and my recollection from the kyoto is hazy, but from what i recall, its main aim WASNT to stop pollution, but to lower green house gases, not the same thing. it also slapped a band-aid
on the problem and would not have any real affect on anything short of hampering the idustralized nations, namely america, while not adressing the problem in third world countries.
its affect on health debilatating illness caused by pollution would have been minimum if at all.