Thread: Extraction problem

Extraction problem

This isn't really a security question, but I wasn't really sure where else to post it. My problem is that whenever i try to extract a program, any file except .dll's and documents seem to disappear, but when I check back at the un-extracted folder the files are still there, I'm running on winxp home edition if that matters, any help will greatly be appreciated. Also im using winzip as my file extractor.
    Mafia = Organized Crime
    Government = Unorganized Crime

Just curious...but how is your WinZip configured in terms of file associations? WinXP has a built in capability to 'unzip' and extract compressed and archived files. If WinZip and XP conflict on those grounds, an error will always occur.

I would uninstall WinZip and see if you can get used to using the (poorly constructed) XP decompression util...and if that doesn't work, reinstall WinZip and make sure that the file associations are set to let WinZip handle EVERYTHING that it lists on the associations frame.

Ouroboros
    "entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem"

"entities should not be multiplied beyond necessity."

-Occam's Razor

i would recommend using winace, as i have also had experience with xp screwing up my files...plus, winace is really convenient, and it's virtually free
    Hey there, chaps! Being mexican-american, I don\'t really think I have the racial background to say that...Oh well, visit our site at www.evilcorp.tk
    Don\'t expect any content...for a few weeks!

Winace did the trick, extracted perfectly, thanks for the help
    Mafia = Organized Crime
    Government = Unorganized Crime