Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New Logo LAME

Ninja Code Monkey
    Indeed. The piecemeal UI upgrade is kind of ass..... It would be far better to do the template and css changes, prop em to a test server, actually test them, and then do the upgrade. The current method reminds me of the web site run by students for the local college....intro to web design or something like that.
    "When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes." - Erasmus
    "There is no programming language, no matter how structured, that will prevent programmers from writing bad programs." - L. Flon
    "Mischief my ass, you are an unethical moron." - chsh
    Blog of X

I'm scared to hit the refresh button. I don't know what's going to look all fux0r3d next.

Deb
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

Banned
    HAHAHA, someone negged me on my post with "duh, moron". To whoever the anonymous pussy was. Grow a nutsack you spinless coward.

i find it interesting none of the new jup guys have commented at all

::edit::

and it seems this thread doesent appear on the main page.........

maybe thats jsut me

--------------------------
    http://www.arg-irc.com

() \/V |\| 3 |) |3\/ |\|3G47|\/3
    I agree, SarinMage, there seems to be definite lack of communication between JupMedia and AO'ers. I mean, finding out after the fact that a major change has taken place, and having to find it out from stumbling across some obscure post off the main page, no less, is just bad business, in my opinion. For example, when the GCC, Cosmos, et al., were removed from the main board, it would have been courteous (to say the least) if an announcement was posted on said main page. Think of all the time, space, and postings this would have cut down on.

Go Finland!
    Deviant Gallery

If we have to go with the new color scheme and all at least go for a logo with a bit more pizz-aazz or something

Choose whatever font you like but soemthing like this is what I like
    Duct tape.....A whole lot of Duct Tape
    Spyware/Adaware problem click
    here

I liked the retro-style of the old logo, it was kind of hardcore. The new logo looks corporate, even though this forum recently has become just that, leave us some soul why wont you?
    .sig - There never was a .sig?
    I own a Schneider EuroPC with MS-Dos 3.3 and it works.

it is not worth spending more than a few minutes designing a logo that isn't going to be used - as the new one is already paid for. still, i would like to see more than two colors. and no slogan.

Note: only the y in the "your" in the slogan is not in uppercase, that wasn't like that before, i wonder why it is like that now?:

a) this is a really cheap logo
    b) this is a really expensive logo

really cheap meaning they forgot to capatilise Your y, and are trying to save as much ink as possible when printing the company stationary. or expensive meaning that it was possibly thought up by the worlds top profiling phsychologist to exploit something deep within the belief system of the average computer security minded Joe thereby rendering the self unable to abstain from purchasing the ao mouse mat, coffee cup, hub caps, tattoos etc. soon to be released of course.
    Hmm...theres something a little peculiar here. Oh i see what it is! the sentence is talking about itself! do you see that? what do you mean? sentences can\'t talk! No, but they REFER to things, and this one refers directly-unambigeously-unmistakably-to the very sentence which it is!

Alright, the gold dot is a better view.
    But, maybe im going against everybody else's view, but i think the new logo isnt all that bad, if you do not try to match it with the rest of the website.
    Since they maybe changing the colours of the the website as a whole, maybe the new logo matches, and for a change, i think that could be good. Come on, let's not keep sticking to the old design, maybe we'd like the new one better. It's about waiting and watchin, i guess.

Edit : I'd agree it's not damned strong enough.
    \"I have a 386 Pentium.\"

Does anyone recognize the font that was used in the logo? Just for out of interest...

(V)/\><, that lowercase "your" was well noticed... Somehow I tend to think that you're correct with the alternative a, "this is a really cheap logo"..... That should be corrected ASAP because as reading this thread I thought that if the slogan goes then many members will go. Not kidding. And now a part, a capital-Y, of the slogan has already gone.

The scrollbar colors now match the "Online" and "com" parts of the logo... I've got a feeling that we aren't going to see any purple color here soon... At least save the orange!!
    Q: Why do computer scientists confuse Christmas and Halloween?
    A: Because Oct 31 = Dec 25