No image upload capabilities part 2

Thread: No image upload capabilities part 2

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar

No image upload capabilities part 2

I know that I have posted this here before but so far the issue still remains unresolved. I believe that the original webmaster that I was dealing with must be very busy with other projects on the site. I haven't been able to find him lately.

I have additional information for any webmaster that happens to take this issue up.

ISSUE:
    =======================================
    After the site migration, the picture in my user profile dissapeared and I cannot upload *any* images whether it be my picture, avatar or signature. Note that my current avatar was not removed after the migration but if I wanted to change it, the ability is not there to do so.

ATTEMPTS TO RESOLVE ON MY OWN:
    =======================================
    1) Tried to upload the pictures to each area again. The site reports that a picture has not been uploaded. When Clicking "upload" the php script clears the path from the browse field and then reports that no image was uploaded.

2) Checked error field on page. No error messages displayed on the task bar at the bottom of the page.

3) Changed the name of the image and tried to upload again. No change.

4) Tried to upload with different browsers such as Mozilla 1.2.1. No change.

5) Tried uploading from different networks. No change.

6) Tried signing out then signing in again. No change.

I strongly believe that the issue is related to *nix permissions that are hosed up on my account as everyhting worked fine before the site was migrated. I hate to keep bugging admins with this but it is quite annoying. Any help at all, as always, is much appreciated.
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden

Here's a little more info on what happens when I try to upload a signature image that is within the 300x50 limitation:

AntiOnline Message
    The image you uploaded was over the maximum size of 300 by 50.

Just another clue for any site admin that can help.
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Here's a question for you:

Is the image 300 pixels wide and 50 pixels high OR 50 pixels wide and 300 pixels high? Maybe it's the orientation of the image?
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Nope, the image that I used for testing is 15x15. I wanted to stay well within the limits. I've had a number of issues with my account since the site migration. But the two withstanding are related to image uploading. It's kinda frustrating because I know how fast it can be fixed if it is what I believe - a permission issue.

Thanks MsMittens!