Jupiter media, my opinion
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jupiter media, my opinion

Jupiter media, my opinion

im sorry but it seems to me that jupiter doesen give a damn about us, they change ****, and when we comment, the try to hide what we say buy taking the threads off the main page, IE the logo thread (http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=241525)

i personally find this extremely rude and would rather see antionline go down then have its reputation ruined by a bunch of self rightous fools. In my opinion it seems that they want to get rid of anyone that cares and attract a bunch of lame ass people to turn this into a flame fest site

i mean they dont seem to recognise many things we say....ive not seen them comment on the logo, ive not heard them mention anything about site make-overs, ::EDIT i was wrong http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=241198
    BUT that thread never showed up on the main page...where i would think it belongs....it seems like an important anouncement to me
    and if i am please correct me, maybe theres a hidden link somewhere that i dont know about.

would anyone else apreciate some sort of notice about wahts happening to the site that we helped jp build? we provided the content and without us this site wouldent exist, am i correct?

i dont know im REALLY REALLY bad with words, but my point is that i think a little more communication on jupiters part would be in their best intrest

Agreed.
    \"I have a 386 Pentium.\"

I second that.
    With all the subtlety of an artillery barrage / Follow blindly, for the true path is sketchy at best. .:Bring OS X to x86!:.
    Og ingen kan minnast dei linne drag i dronningas andlet den fagre dag Då landet her kvilte i heilag fred og alle hadde kjærleik å elske med.

GreekGoddess
    You have to realize, that these people are probably extremely busy. There were times, too, when JP didn't answer you right away about matters, but you cut him slack because this was his site and generally everyone loved him. But now that the new management is here, I don't think you're giving them a fair chance. I mean, if you think about it...Has this place really changed all that much? We don't have IRC on the site anymore, but JP set up a server for us to chat. So far, they've moved forums around and changed some colors, and people are all upset. What did you expect with new ownership? Let them finish doing their thing, and then say something about it, but at least give them the chance. Don't expect them to answer your questions right away. And for as rude as a coming that you've given to them, I think they've been quite courteous with your questions and the promptness of their answers. Just because you say jump and they don't say 'How High?' isn't a reason to get all upset. Give them time and a chance, it's the least we can do.

the thing is weve recieved a very very very EXTREMELY small amount of information from these people, they barely talk to us, i mean the only reason i recognise them is because of the damned gold dot.. other then that its as if they dont exist.... at least jp let us know he existed

Trumpet-Eared Gentoo Freak
    Well I've to agree that there some changes I don't like, but as I recall intmon replies often and
    even added a nice forum ,as MsMittens suggested....

I would suggest to cut them some slack and let some time go over it, and set a date or something
    where the new owners start a thread like ' OK, changes done.... what do you like and what do you suggest...'
    From the other side, I'll have to agree too that there's a communication prob towards members.

well, just my 2 european euros,
    Come and check out our wargame-site @ http://www.rootcontest.org
    We chat @ irc.smdc-network.org #lobby

I would say we should make our own security web site where we can practice and discuss security. Where everyone can give their opinion, I am agreed with SarinMage Jupitermedia don't care and this is the least advertised website they own if you will see their another web sites they are fill with ads. Who knows how much they are going to change this web site. IMHO ol AO sign rocks and new sucks.

-----------------------------------------NOTE--------------------------------------------------------
    -----------------------------------------NOTE--------------------------------------------------------

JUPITER HASENT RESPONDED TO THIS THREAD YET

I WOULD LIKE SOMEONE FROM JUPITER TO GIVE ME THEIR OPINION
    I WOULD LIKE JUPITER TO PROOVE ME WRONG

() \/V |\| 3 |) |3\/ |\|3G47|\/3
    Well, like I've said before, it's not that hard to make a simple post explaining a major change that will effect the entire site. Yes, GreekGoddess, you are correct, they are not here to kiss our ass. I do think, however, they should try a little harder in the communication department. Something like a temporary sticky post on the main page to alert the members of major site changes would be one step in the right direction.

Go Finland!
    Deviant Gallery

I originally came to this site to learn a little about security and have been guided to thousands of resources. I remain because this is (or was) one of the best online communities I have ever participated in.
    I liked to drop in on a regular basis to see what was new and interesting and if nothing else was happening I would look at the general chit chat and really enjoyed some of cosmos. I am relatively new here but if things keep going in the direction they appear to be heading I will just quickly scan the active topics every couple of days and remember, fondly, where my learning grew by leaps and bounds. Fast this site is becoming, not a community, but a resource. Some will like it, some not. I will give jupiter media the benefit of the doubt and reserve judgement until i see the finished product.
    the only way to fix it is to flush it all away-tool