2. The .SHS file type
    3. The NeverShowExt registry key
    4. CLSID
    5. The ability to execute code
    6. Conclusion
    Appendix A. The Perl script
    Appendix B. The file extensions list

here

I dont understand what you mean... go into more detail next time and try to write something more than a quote.

why in hell did some idiot give you negative points for this. this is some good information thanks black_death!
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Blast From the Past
    Man this is great ive been trying to hide my file extensions for ever!!!
    work it harder, make it better, do it faster, makes us stronger

Regal Making Handler
    I think Schoolsucks missed the here link at the bottom of the quote,
    Very interesting thanks black_death.
    What happens if a big asteroid hits the Earth? Judging from realistic simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog, we can assume it will be pretty bad. - Dave Barry

sb has negged me with the following msg ,he was man enough to add his name
    "your thread is pointless"
    i always have a reason when i post sth,as for this one the reason
    why i posted this is that most people are unaware of extensions windows hides, CLSIDs being one of those extensions which has been exploited and used by viruses alot, i spent the last week searching the registry and .... to find these extensions well i found some of them but while searchin the net i came accross this tutorial and god i had wasted that much time doing sth someone had done already so i thought posting this here on ao could be a good idea,i know the tutorial is rather old and no way complete but it dose hold some good information!
    there are still extensions that can be exploited which this tutorial dose not cover this is another reason i had in mind when posting the thread, i thought this tutorial might be a good start for those curious about the topic.
    (teaches ill,teaches all)

attachment :No Comment

Great! truly a treasure

been trying to do this myself thx for the info

No joke, this is good stuff, Thank you.
    Every now and then, one of you won't annoy me.

Antionline's Security Dude instronics's Avatar
    Excellent. This will come in handy when transfering files over an untrusted network

Cheers.
    Ubuntu-: Means in African : "Im too dumb to use Slackware"

I am really sorry to everyone I inconvenienced everyone with what I said earlier, I didnt read it closely and I didnt see the link at the bottom. I didnt mean to give you bad antipoints. I was being a dickhead and I shouldnt have. I was just in a bad mood that day and I put my anger out on you. Sorry and I hope you forgive me.

Chris