prize for stupidness
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: prize for stupidness

prize for stupidness

Among other setbacks, one U.S. soldier was killed and 15 injured in a grenade attack on a command post in Kuwait by a Muslim U.S. serviceman said to be angry at the war. George Heath, a spokesman for Fort Campbell in Kentucky, said the suspect had been named as Army Sgt. Asan Akbar.
    Who is the brain-dead fool who allowed someone named Asan Akbar to join
    the US army? How many more of these "fifth columnists" are lurking around flying
    SAC bombers and manning nuke missile silos?
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

the same brain dead fool who let japanesse americans join the army in WW2 and then had the japanesse american unit become one of the mose decorated of the war, though i do not think the fought in the pacific theater. the thing is, we arent going to kick out every muslim/arab in the army.
    Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a night.
    Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Banned
    from what i understand ,he was pissed about the attitude(racism) towards the iraqis/muslims by his fellow soliders ,"fragging" as it is called killed many us soliders during the vietnam war,black->white,white->black, uninlisted->enlisted ...... ps that "braindead fool" also trained timothy mcveigh(much worse and white)

The same American government that believes in freedom of speech, and the separation of Church and State, and is BUILT on equality. You would suggest we start segregating Muslims now? The events of that night seem to have nothing to do with his religion, but his attitude. For what he was charged with, insubordination, his name could have just as easily been Billy Bob Johnson.

Deb
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

his name could have just as easily been Billy Bob Johnson.
    Take off the rose colored glasses.

The words Sgt. Akbar is reported by the Los Angeles Times to have uttered when he was seized after the fragging suggest the ominous nature of his "attitude": "You guys are coming into our countries and you're going to rape our women and kill our children."
    I;ve known a few "billy bobs" in my time, but they don't say that sort of stuff.

Alternatively, and particularly worrisome, is the possibility Sgt. Akbar could have gotten murderous ideas about America, its armed forces and the Muslim world from a chaplain in the U.S. military. As of June 2002, nine of the armed forces' 14 Muslim chaplains received their religious training from another Saudi-supported entity, the Graduate School of Islamic and Social Sciences (GSISS) in Leesburg, Va.
    http://www.washtimes.com/commentary/...5-11854073.htm

Imagine allowing NAZI chaplains to indoctrinate our troops during WWII.

Imagine allowing NAZI chaplains to indoctrinate our troops during WWII.
    And here's me thinking the enemy is Saddam. No of course not, the enemy is Islam. Not Muslim fanatics, not Muslim extremists, but Muslims in general. Damn, I sure do wish I could see everything as black and white as you do.

Striving toward establishing a common ground through which residual prejudices, tensions, and grievances between religions and cultures can be resolved by dialogue, where an ethos of mutual encounter and cooperation can overcome the conflictual mindset that feeds into such dangerous myths and self-fulfilling prophecies as the imminence of a "Clash of Civilizations."
    http://www.siss.edu/mission/mission.htm

OMG, you mean they're Muslims, but they're not trying to kill us, or threaten us, or breed hatred for America?

Alternatively, and particularly worrisome, is the possibility Sgt. Akbar could have gotten murderous ideas about America, its armed forces and the Muslim world from a chaplain in the U.S. military.
    JMHO, but America is doing a good enough job of this on its own. I guess that's what happens when you play every country for your own agenda and to your own ends.

OMG, you mean they're Muslims, but they're not trying to kill us, or threaten us, or breed hatred for America?
    Do you think it is just a coincidence that this guy was a recent
    convert to islam, and that he threw a few grenades in to his officers'
    tents, and shouted islamic and anti-american slogans when apprehended?

I hope you're right.

if u wanna get techincal, islam is an enemy of the u.s.
    the u.s. and islam have several differences that if you are a truely devoute word for word muslim, u can not ignore and its your duty to allah to stop it.
    oddly enough christianity and judism also have several warnings and rules about some of the same things, but have conviently managed to bend the rules or ignore them.
    Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a night.
    Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Do you think it is just a coincidence that this guy was a recent
    convert to islam, and that he threw a few grenades in to his officers'
    tents, and shouted islamic and anti-american slogans when apprehended?
    Of course not. But what you are saying, is that this behaviour is representative of Muslims/Arabs in general, which is not true.

Maybe if the US wasn't fighting this war, he wouldn't have felt the urge to do what he did.

Sgt. Akbar is not the only MSWA Muslim soldier with attitude suspected of infiltrating our military, endangering our troops and undermining national security:
    Ali A. Mohamed, a major in the Egyptian army, immigrated to the U.S. in 1986 and joined the U.S. Army while a resident alien. This despite being on a State Department terrorist watch list before securing his visa. An avowed Islamist, he taught classes on Muslim culture to U.S. Special Forces at Fort Bragg, N.C....
    Semi Osman. An ethnic Lebanese born in Sierra Leone and a Seattle-based Muslim cleric, Osman served in a naval reserve fueling unit based in Tacoma, Wash. He had access to fuel trucks similar to the type used by al Qaeda in the 1996 bombing of the Khobar Towers...
    John Muhammad. The accused Beltway sniper and Muslim convert was a member of the Army's 84th Engineering Company. In an eerie parallel to the Akbar case, Mr. Muhammad is suspected of throwing a thermite grenade into a tent housing 16 of his fellow soldiers as they slept before the ground-attack phase of the first Gulf war in 1991....
    Jeffrey Leon Battle. A former Army reservist, Mr. Battle was indicted in October 2002 for conspiring to levy war against the United States and "enlisting in the Reserves to receive military training to use against America." According to the Justice Department, he planned to wage war against American soldiers in Afghanistan....
    http://www.washtimes.com/commentary/...9-67166440.htm