Explain me about global server

Thread: Explain me about global server

Banned

Explain me about global server

I know there are some global sever that store information about every domain name in the world. I think if a hacker can hack one sever he can hack every domain in hte world. But if he hack a global sever, then if ha can hack other global sever too? explain me about operation of these server

Just Another Geek

Re: Explain me about global server

Originally posted here by nirvanainheaven
    I know there are some global sever that store information about every domain name in the world. I think if a hacker can hack one sever he can hack every domain in hte world. But if he hack a global sever, then if ha can hack other global sever too? explain me about operation of these server
    I have no idea of what you are talking about. I am assuming you mean the root DNS servers. These are hackable (if you have enough time and money) but you will only be able to change some pointers. You could for example make .com point at your DNS server instead of the 'real' one(s). This could be used to make ppl believe they go to one site while they are actually directed to a site under your control. Just google for DNS. See how that works.