Free ASM Compiler?

Thread: Free ASM Compiler?

Free ASM Compiler?

I have recently obtained the souce code to MS-DOS 6.00, and I would like to try compiling it. I am searching for a free asm compiler so I can do this. I have searched Google.com, Filemirrors.com, and Sourceforge.com but I have not found a sutible compiler. Do you know of any decent free asm compiler?
    I am here and you are not. Now you are here and I am not. Please leave a message after the beep. <BEEP!>

Banned
    Nasm do a google for it (NASM-Net Wide Assembler)

It's the great for any task runs on Win and Linux so there U go

Thank you. I found what I needed. It helps when I know what to search for.
    I am here and you are not. Now you are here and I am not. Please leave a message after the beep. <BEEP!>

If your code isn't written to be compatable with NASM, it won't compile. Most assembler programs are written for Borland TurboAssembler (TASM) or Microsoft Macro Assembler (MASM). You have to spend around $70 for TASM, but you can get MASM free as long as you don't have Microsoft VC++ installed or if you have Service Pack 4 or 5 installed for VC++6. Go to http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/do.../download.aspx and select the correct download for your version of VC++ (if you don't have it, click on either one), download the file and install. If you have the correct version of VC++, you're ready to go. If you don't a message box will pop up saying it can't find your VC++ installation. DON'T HIT OK! Instead, browse to your temp directory and search for ml.exe and ml.err. Copy these to a separate folder and hit ok. The installation program will remove all the other files, but ml.exe and ml.err are MASM, which you can now use!