Thread: Site upgrades

Antionline's Security Dude instronics's Avatar

Site upgrades

Dear AO.

I just logged on and saw this huge advertisement banner over the AO logo. This has been discussed and yes, it has been aproved but.......

I see your in a rush to advertise, how about fixing the sites problems first before adding things to it. I still cannot assign APs using IE, the newbies under their avatars still show that they have assigned only negative antipoints to the maximum, the search feature does not show me what it is supposed to, im missing many threads that i have written myself in the past, and also other peoples threads. Before doing new things to this site, get the old things working. Please dont tell me that what i have mentioned looks and works fine for you, ive tried them on several boxes from several locations, and the above mentioned problems do exist. I can only assign APs using another browser other than IE. I need to find a few important threads that i have seen a month ago, and they seem to be gone. I know that these problems have been reported, but please, before adding things FIX the existing problems first. Thing im worried about is that you will add all the advertisements and cookies to your likings, and leave the existing problems as is.

Cheers
    Ubuntu-: Means in African : "Im too dumb to use Slackware"

Banned
    Advertizing = money to pay employees. Employees = people to fix the site's problems. No advertizing, no employees, no fixing the site...

missing many threads that i have written myself in the past
    i'm may be familiar with this, but it might be the search feature.

searches don't go through the entire database, all characters, do they; or is it some crafty algorithm.? if not could the searches be made run for longer?
    Hmm...theres something a little peculiar here. Oh i see what it is! the sentence is talking about itself! do you see that? what do you mean? sentences can\'t talk! No, but they REFER to things, and this one refers directly-unambigeously-unmistakably-to the very sentence which it is!

Just wondering... How JP was paying to his employees without any advertisement?

Banned
    VIP3R: I'm not sure since I've had the 'banner-free surfing' surfing benefit for a while, but that benefit makes me think JP also had ads
    AntiOnline has never been profiteable, so JP probably got his money from somewhere else...

JP had an ad system set up for the system, but never ran any real ads that I know of. As for employees, he didn't have any paid employees--the site was created and run out of his own pocket, which is how many sites got their start (such as our own WebReference.com & FlashKit.com for instance).

Antionline's Security Dude instronics's Avatar
    Hey..... it seems that some fixes have been done now. Im happy to see the site's owners/admins actually taking to heart what some members mention. Well done.

Cheers.
    Ubuntu-: Means in African : "Im too dumb to use Slackware"