Hello,

It's late. I can't sleep again, so I decided to write this. Forgive any illogical or irrational mumblings.

I am here for the same reasons everyone else probably came. I am here to teach what I know and learn what I don't. I know, it's a generic intro, but true none the less.

My background:

Currently station on the extreme eastern border of Afghanistan. I work as a first assistant on a forward surgical team (909th out of Chicago) and I also facilitate as S2, or security. I basically keep Siper and Niper up and moving for my team. It seems as if I am the only one who knows anything about networking on this camp, so I am constantly sent to fix someone elses box. Sometimes, I wonder if I should have just kept my mouth shut.

I can do a bit of programming. C,C++, Java, javascripting, html and I play around with flash a bit. I am, by no means, an expert in any of these and could always stand to do a little more reading.

OS's I use are all versions of windows and a bit of linux. When I get back stateside, I plan on getting a newer Mac and see what I can learn from that.

I will do my best to soak in what I read and not post any stupid questions.

Things I want to learn more about:
Socket programming in C
The Registry.....ommmmmmmmmmm
Perl

Cor out...