Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Al-Jazeera

Al-Jazeera

What a surprise!

Now why would anyone want to bring down a nice bunch of ladys like Al-Jazeera?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...2003Mar25.html

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=

In denial-of-service attacks, hackers normally send a deluge of false requests to Web servers, overloading them and making them unavailable to surfers.

---

On the Net:

http://www.aljazeera.net

http://english.aljazeera.net

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=

Whats the matter with people? dont they know no good ever comes from this kind of action.

hmm...lemme see if they have a page there named

http://www.aljazeera.net/jesussaves.htm

or

http://english.aljazeera.net/gwbrules.htm

or...
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Normally I'd say that this is unnecessary, but under the circumstances.....

I think they'll end up getting what's coming to them. I never thought there'd be a bigger purveyor of yellow journalism than FOX and CNN, but Al-Jazeera makes both of those look like scripture.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

Well , I feel the same way . It was about time . I hope it happens agin ... 8-P
    I dont support the war ....
    I support the kids out there they are my age . My best freind is out there .
    And I think if CNN or anyone eles like that shows them POWs like that
    you can belive that the same thing will happen to them . But Just everyone pary for the safe return
    of our boy and chicks out there .....

Thankx
    ~alpa

Originally posted here by Alpa
    Well , I feel the same way . It was about time . I hope it happens agin ... 8-P
    I dont support the war ....
    I support the kids out there they are my age . My best freind is out there .
    And I think if CNN or anyone eles like that shows them POWs like that
    you can belive that the same thing will happen to them . But Just everyone pary for the safe return
    of our boy and chicks out there .....

Thankx
    ~alpa
    Please don't take this as my saying that I support Al-Jazeera, but what specifically did they do that bothers you?

BTW, since this really isn't a security discussion shouldn't it be in Chit Chat or Cosmos?
    - Runner -

I actually saw this footage on ogrish.com also the killed soldiers footage. What pisses me off the most about the network is that they actually showed this footage. They did it in away that might have motivated the iraq people to keep fighting sort of like a trophy or motivation for there troops. Notice the p.o.w. footage, take a good look at it. Gee I wonder who controls the network? As far as I'm concerned having the website being D.O.S. is great they deserve to get shut down and taken off.
    Good Grief

They have done nothing to me but make me sick I dont watch cnn or anything b/c of my views on the war . Thats all they cover soo.. I think by me not takeing part of the propaganda Box that the lease i can do to not sopport the war ..... Its sad subject guy . Hey lets get back to the subject huh ?

~alpa

Please don't take this as my saying that I support Al-Jazeera, but what specifically did they do that bothers you?

BTW, since this really isn't a security discussion shouldn't it be in Chit Chat or Cosmos?
    They showed bloodied dead troops... then humilliated the POWs... what about that doesn't bother you?!
    Geneva Convention

That should prolly be moved to Cosmos...

The US like most countries only gives a crap about the Geneva Convention when it’s convenient.
    Its not software piracy. I’m just making multiple off site backups.

i actually thought this was a misc security related post. i got the impression the post was encouraging people to legally DoS their servers. at least that's the way it seems to me. what they are doing has to be stopped for everyone’s sake. i know their version of allah wants martyrs and if they keep this stuff up their going to get them. does anybody want that except them?

i was rather hoping for some creative ideas on how this could be done...like maybe keep alive devices set to their url with a short time interval. something grandmas and grandpas could do to help and not get thrown off their isp.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

there was an article in the toronto star that questions whether it was a dos attack , al jazeera has been getting 4 times as many hits as usual( some of these sites are not run by very uptodate people ) As to humiliating pows all i have to say is washington post sunday morning, guantanamo bay and of course they are only arabs/muslims so geneva conventions don't count (sarcasm).