Boot up screen?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boot up screen?

Boot up screen?

Well first I tried to change my boot up screen but it seems to not work. I think I saved it in the wrong place. My os is Windows ME and I was wondering how I chang it. I looked it up on the internet and found it and tried it but it never said where to save. So I wanted some help from you guys. Could someone tell me the steps.

>That would be great.
    >
    >Thanks!!
    [glowpurple]NooNoo\'s [/glowpurple]

I'm not quite sure I'm understanding what you're trying to do.

You mean change the startup and shutdown images? It's been a while... and I don't use ME...

Have a look at this link .

I'm not sure if it works for ME... I know it works for 9x though.

Well in my windows ME I tried looking for the file LOGO.SYS but it wasn't there, but the shut down screen was the same.
    [glowpurple]NooNoo\'s [/glowpurple]

Did you show all files and system files? It won't show up by default... you have to unhide it.

In explorer, click tools, options, under view... show all files and show system files.

Other than that... thats bout all I can help. I've never and would never use ME...

It would probably work the same as win98 SE, the logo.sys is not there by default, but if you create c:\logo.sys the system will use that one instead of the default.
    I hope I remembered that correctly
    .sig - There never was a .sig?
    I own a Schneider EuroPC with MS-Dos 3.3 and it works.

Anybody know how to modify the bootup logo where it says DELL on a RH 8.0 system? i searched the boot directory but wasn't sucessfuL?? initrd-2.4.18-14.img i found that image but when i tryed to open it with GIMP it wouldn't work ???? thanks
    \"Their are only two infinite things, the universe and human stupidity\"--Alber Einstein

hehe....I changed my XP boot screen...looks Uber....just change the image in ntoskrnl.exe and then copy that version over in dos, Windows has a protectino on it but If you do it in dos, it won't notice, and if you want to get rid of it...just delete the file and it will be automaticaly replaced.....I think....don't take my word for it.

I know thats not wot you asked for, but I though ppl might want to know.

- Noia
    With all the subtlety of an artillery barrage / Follow blindly, for the true path is sketchy at best. .:Bring OS X to x86!:.
    Og ingen kan minnast dei linne drag i dronningas andlet den fagre dag Då landet her kvilte i heilag fred og alle hadde kjærleik å elske med.

WhiteDwarf18 Your boot screen is most likely the bios splash screen. You should be able to disable that screen by entering the bios and changing the boot options.

PuRe
    Like this post? Visit PuRe\'s Information Technology Community. We\'ve also got some kick ass Technology Forums. Shop for books and dvds on LiveWebShop.com

last time I messed with BIOS i locked myself out of my computer *thinks* I'll go for it anyway
    \"Their are only two infinite things, the universe and human stupidity\"--Alber Einstein

there are software actully that can change yur boot up even yur logon
    HATED BY MANY
    RESPECTED BY FEW
    LOVE BY ALL