Questions

Thread: Questions

Question Questions

Its a quiet wednesday afternoon

Some questions for all you out there....

Have Fun

Question 1
    What is the largest product of a 5 digit and 4 digit number you can make using the digits 1 to 9 only once?

Question 2

Suppose a circular internet cable runs around the equator of the earth. How much more cable would you need to the nearest meter. If you placed the cable on top of 10m posts rather then leave it on the ground?

Oh yeah and post your answers here he he he
    [pong][gloworange]665[/gloworange] Next door to the [glowpurple]devil[/glowpurple][/pong]

i can work all questions out beging a physicist. but i would just like to say that with the second question, it depends on the radius of the earth, there has been some debate and depending on your source of information, the answer could vary a great deal, even if the earths radius was only slightly different.

will post the answers later so other people can try and guesstamate
    - Trying is the first step towards failure. the moral is never try.
    - It\'s like something out of that twilighty show about that zone.
    ----Homer J Simpson----

This is pathetic im supprised that no one in here has taken up this challenge this wouldnt have happened a year ago
    [pong][gloworange]665[/gloworange] Next door to the [glowpurple]devil[/glowpurple][/pong]

This is pathetic im supprised that no one in here has taken up this challenge this wouldnt have happened a year ago
    Yes it is... Pathetic!

<rant>I just guess that I am a sentimental old fool that likes things the way they were too THE-OMEN. Is that why you don't post very often anymore? Hmmmm. I can't get used to all the work involved in checking out the more recent posts. I would have never seen this post if I did not click on the: View More Active Topics link at the bottom of the main page. I will miss most of the active posts during the busy times on this board because they don't all show up on the main page anymore.</rant>

I also think that the earth's shape changes dramatically, its gravitational fields are constantly changing due to the elyptical orbit it is in around the sun, coupled with its rotation, the earth is never the same shape. (kind of like AntiOnline's Forums)
    I have a question; are you the bug, or the windshield?

Banned
    Originally posted by THE-OMEN
    Welp, maybe it would help if you'd post follow-ups... some people answered your questions in this thread, but you haven't replied to it yet although I'm pretty sure most correct answers have been given already

Yeah i dont post as much anymore because the site layout is a bit weird things dont seem to be as smooth as before also i couldnt find my old thread because it didnt show up anywhere so i re-did it.

Well I'm not too sure about question one but for question two wouldnt it be the same length? All u are doing is raising it up. I may be way off here....

Let me take a stab at #2. Since the circumerence is pi times diameter and you are adding 20m to the earths diameter because there is a 10m post on each "side", then you would increase the length of the cable by 20 times pi or about 63 meters.
    - Runner -