Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: About the Antipoints

About the Antipoints

Hey there everyone,
    This is a stupid question, but i looked in FAQ and didn't find nothing about my question. Well my question is: do u have to have a high post number to have a high AntiPoint?? Or can u be on a long time looking over Treads and what people have to say about them and get a high antipoint?? Please post back about helping me!!!! thanx so much......d00dz attackin......
    First you listen, then you do, finally you teach.
    Duck Hunting Chat
    VirtualConvenience
    RROD

Nope. It depends on the quality of the post, or better yet, what people think of it. When you click "assign postive or negative antipoints to this post" you will be asked if you approve or disapprove the post.

The more antipoints you have, the more impact you make. For instance, I may only be able to affect you by 10, while somebody like Tedob1 can affect you by 75-80. See how that works?

Hope that helps you.

Hey Linuxguy99,
    Thankyou for the post about my question, and that was very helpfull, now i get it. And again thanx
    First you listen, then you do, finally you teach.
    Duck Hunting Chat
    VirtualConvenience
    RROD

Well if i may, i'd like to add to this question. There is a little bar next to alot of names, is that there antipoint status? And what about rank (ex: Newbie, Jr. member). Is the base on your points or posts? And lastly, how can i check on what people are saying about me and how many antipoints i have? Thanks in advance.
    Not all those who wander are lost.

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    The number of posts determines the "Rank" assigned, (Jr. Member etc.)

The quality of your posts will end up determining your AP status.

To see your AP's visit the AP center on the left side of the home screen.
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

Ishbar -- all that information is available in the FAQ, but the lowdown is this:

The titles (ie junior member, senior member, etc) are only reflective of the number of posts that person has.

The AntiPoints you have (little light and dark green dots under your name) are (ideally) reflective of the quality of your posts. If you start posting inflammatory remarks, you'll see those little green dots turn red and with enough reds you will eventually you'll be banned.

Finally, the "user tends to assign" bar is indicative on how you rate your fellow AO'ers. If you tend to rate high, your arrow will be in the green, if you rate negatively your arrow will be in the red.

The FAQ has more information.

/edit
    d'oh! beat me to it!
    /edit
    /* You are not expected to understand this. */

I have a question also, Is it possible for 1 user to give points to a post more then one time? Thanks.

It's possible, but you'll have to give quite a few other people anti-points for their posts/replies first or you'll get the "you must spread your anti-points around before assigning XXX again. . ."
    Every now and then, one of you won't annoy me.

ok thanks again

Banned
    If I'm correct, it's NOT possible to give antipoints to the same post twice... If I'm wrong, it should be in 'Oops! A bug'...