Hi -DaRK-RaiDeR-

Congratulations on a well presented site. The download time was fine for me using a 56k connection in Australia. But if you want to reduce the download time, a nobel goal which all web developers should consider, I would suggest reducing the number of images on the front page. If you have already used image optimization their filesizes will not be reduced further without a loss of quality. Therefore your only option is to reduce the number of images. I know you might balk at this suggestion as you have obviously spent a lot to time creating an asthetically pleasing site, but there are obvious benefits in having a faster loading site.

According to most web usability gurus (and I'm not JUST talking about Neilsen ) users can be very impaitient with sites that are new to them. They want to know that there is something of interest before they divert their attention elsewhere. Therefore the load times of the front page is very important. A quick look at some of the most visited sites on the net (yahoo, cnet, amazon) shows a limited splattering of images. Users want something that is easy for them to use as well. Few will return to a site if they have to wait too long the first time. Much of this is changing with the growing adoption of broadband. And commendably you are considering those using a 28.8 connection.

I would recommend reviewing some of the graphics used for headings/links in the two side columns. They could easily be replaced with text, but I am guessing they are also the smallest files. The images/NewsletterBanner.jpg image is quite large bit of real estate at the top of the page for two links. Also the size of the picture on the center colum and the player of the month pictures could be reduced.

Good luck