Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kevin Mitnick To Sue Carolyn Meinel

i think we can all agree that, regardless of whether or not these two know what they're talking about, they whine entirely too much? i will say that mitnick was treated unfairly by the government, but that's all over now. there's no way in hell that he will get any type of recompense for what wrong was done to him. had he not been completely stupid in the ways of...generally smart people(?), he wouldn't have had this problem. so he should just shut his damned mouth now. bernie s. was one person who was royally ****ed by our legal system. and what has happened to him? well, i really don't know...

wow...in that whole paragraph, i don't think i said anything interesting...
    Hey there, chaps! Being mexican-american, I don\'t really think I have the racial background to say that...Oh well, visit our site at www.evilcorp.tk
    Don\'t expect any content...for a few weeks!

if mitnick can indeed program, then what she did is called slander, and she deserves to be sued.
    I don't think much of mitnick myself, he seems to whine alot for someone who got caught doing wrong.

as for happyhacker.org... don't take anything on that site seriously, it quite literally confuses you and muddles up your own ideas more than anything else
    Never argue with an idiot, they\'ll just bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience

Banned
    It's great that's he standing up for himself and suing these sob's he's been treatead so bad by the government they deserve what they get.

lol, what was that? you DO understand that he isn't suing the govt, he's suing an old woman...which is a joke in itself, but i won't get into that...i like old people!
    Hey there, chaps! Being mexican-american, I don\'t really think I have the racial background to say that...Oh well, visit our site at www.evilcorp.tk
    Don\'t expect any content...for a few weeks!

Or you can read these articles about Mz Meinel for another view of her.

http://www.landfield.com/isn/mail-ar.../Nov/0040.html
    http://www.attrition.org/shame/hist.html

Personally, I don't care either way.

Can you really sue Harvard for what some else puts on a web page ? At least the threat caused them to dump the web page.

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Well, I don't know Ms Meinel nor do I know Mr. Mitnick but I believe when someone makes a claim -- libelous or slanderous -- it damages their reputation. It doesn't matter whether it's true or not, it's the fact that it did damage. It will be up to Mitnick not to prove whether he can program or not but whether they are defamatory.

From the second reference below:
    ..a public figure must prove that a reporter not only published false information but also did so recklessly and maliciously without attempting to determine whether it was true. Libel cases are not limited to disputes between the media and the people they cover.
    So the onus will be on Mr. Mitnick to prove that what Ms. Meinel did, she did with recklessness and maliciously. If she presented it with her opinion, she may have it difficult to defend against this.

What I would wonder is how legitimate is this case? I don't think Ms. Meinel is the only one who espoused that he "cannot program". I haven't read Takedown yet but I believe it mentions in there the same thing. All said and done, it shall be interesting.

http://www.newsdesk-uk.com/law/libelcheck.shtml

http://usinfo.state.gov/products/pubs/press/press08.htm
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Al Jazeera quality

free kevin

How does this link with Mitnick?

i never knew who this Kevin guy was until he was on "TheScreenSavers" and still didn't undrestand much after that either. That said ladybug and tonybradly are right as well as the rest but the points they (tony and lady) were trying to make seem closer to what this whole spiel was about anyway.
    Both Kevin and Meinel want fame and both got it through various, if not, unscrupulous ways. Yes it seems ridiculous for Kevin to be complaining about such things b/c if he was a progger then he should just let slide off his back and for Meinel, methinks she thinks Kevin received more credit than he should've (and more notoriety i maight add) and she didn't/doesn;t like it
    It\'s better the devil you know, than the devil
    me
    you don\'t.- uhme\'s wifey
    [shadow]Onward Jeeves[/shadow] [blur]Onward Jeeves[/blur]

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar

Re: Al Jazeera quality

Originally posted here by Kahless720
    free kevin
    Umm.. Kevin is free. He's been sans-parole as of January of this year.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage