Banned
    /me puts them both in a box and burys them

they are both little children
    if they bothed died right now the world would be a better place
    all law suits please forward them to my lawyers
    thank you
    rioter

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    You know, I was just thinking about something (and if it seems outlandish, I'm going on very little sleep and a bad headcold of some type -- that's my excuse anyways). All of these lawsuit "claims" are right now being done via email. Is it in fact Mr. Mitnick doing this? Until there is a court document, it could be anyone who is claiming to be Mr. Mitnick. As we know, his website was "defaced" at least once. Who says his email server hasn't been compromised?

Anyways, random thought.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Kwiep
    Sitenote from me:
    In the netherlands this isn't possible. We can't sue eachother for a humiliating sentence or something like that. Or well, you could sue someone, but you would only degrade yourself and judges and whoever is in the courtroom will laugh at you and just drop the case, it is imo bullshit. It's not only about mitnick useing it, but the United States rights and laws system needing to protect someones ego... Some dutch writer wrote about that, when people don't seem to care about their own pride in such mather, they feel strong enough to not need anything like that. I heard many stories like this. A man sueing a magnetron country because the manual didn't say it wouldn't be smart to put yer cat in the magnetron... Come one, is this just dumb or was that guy I accidentaly listened to at oprah winfrey (talking about the US of A is based on fear) really actually right ?
    Double Dutch

Banned
    msmittins i thought the same thing but in reverse what if the bitch is jus making things up to attract buisness to her failing sites and books
    just a thought
    rioter

For Mr. Mitnick to prove that this article libelled him under tort law, I believe (and I'm no esq) he (Mitnick) would have to prove he had a reputation to damage that would cause him loss of business, friends, etc. Further, depending on the state or even country this suit would have to be filed, I wonder what judge would want to touch this case? This whole thing would fall under defamation, but this involves damaging someone's "good" reputation. It appears even here in this thread, that Mr. Mitnik's "good" reputation would be in question before the suit even begins. If nothing else, I would enjoy just being in the courtroom for this.

Sources:
    http://www.findlaw.com

West Business Law Interactive CD-ROM.
    \"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?\"
    -Juvenal

Mitnick must have found the article when he was studying how to be a "hacker" in his spare time.
    ][ neta1o ][

What's with everybody suing everybody? Can't they think of a better way of solving these little disputes, like stripping to the waist and wrestling in a vat of grease. It would more mature, more fun to watch and no lawyers would get rich from it (unless someone sprains an ankle and sues).
    OpenBSD - The proactively secure operating system.

Well.. whatever the outcome in court..

in real life theyre only two losers !!

and about the screensavers stuff http://www.joyoftech.com/joyoftech/joyarchives/432.html
    ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
    When in Russia, pet a PETSCII.

Get your ass over to SLAYRadio the best station for C64 Remixes !

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Uh-oh! He's gonna have to sue ScreenSavers as well! =P
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

I am studying business law, and from what I have seen, I would have to ask Mitnick -> Man - is this tripe worth the hassle? Not only that, but if this case could be appealed and add to the bullstein for time, resources and not really produce anything worthwhile. This leads me to believe that these people have too much time on their hands to 1) make the comments in the first place and 2) even consider seeking legal action. What would Mitnick do if Jay Leno or Conan O'Brien tell the world he could not program or wipe his own nose? I may have to follow Homer's lead and stick the crayon back up my nose and into my brain.

\"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?\"
    -Juvenal