Thread: Windows server 2003 RTM!

Windows server 2003 RTM!

Just spotted this over at Winbeta.org

Just moments ago, Microsoft announced that Windows Server 2003 has gone Gold and been released to manufacturing. The gold code came out of escrow last night at approx 9pm EST. The most recent build that went in to escrow as far as we know was #3790. The only detail that we are waiting to hear, is if the build # has been rounded up by their marketing department to #3800.

I have tried the RC1 and RC2 builds of .net and it seems to be a very powerful and stable system. Its been being devloped for a few years now, So hopefully the final version will prove to be as good as the hype! One of the biggest new features of this OS, Is IIS6 the microsoft webserver, it will be interesting to see how it can hold against the mighty apache...

And?
    -Those are my principles. If you don\'t like them, I have others.
    --Groucho Marx

One of the biggest new features of this OS, Is IIS6 the microsoft webserver, it will be interesting to see how it can hold against the mighty apache...
    It will be interesting to see how many patches will be released about it during the next first month...
    .NET is promised as the ultimate network solution, but after the legal obligation for Microsoft to implement correct Java consols in every Windows version until another court decision, Java became a good alternative (as if it was not already). And I don't believe in something like this from Microsoft for the security side. What they want to make with .NET would be too risky even for a more security minded company.
    Life is boring. Play NetHack... --more--