Thread: Quick Guide to Partitioning

Some Assembly Required ShagDevil's Avatar

Quick Guide to Partitioning

After recently having to partition my own hard drive, I found this website to be excellent because of the layout, the explanations, and the screen shots included throughout the entire process. I know partitioning has been discussed buku times here at AO and I've checked out many links provided when other users have asked about partitioning. In any event, I thought it would be a good idea to add to the list of those sites dedicated to helping the average user.
    Hopes this helps. Good luck.

A Quick Guide to Partitioning A Hard Drive
    The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his - George Patton

AO Security for Non-Geeks tonybradley's Avatar
    That is a very nice explanation and tutorial.

On a semi-related note, I wanted to add that I LOVE Partition Magic from Powerquest. The ability to move partitions, resize partitions, change the file type, etc.- without losing data or rebuilding the whole machine has been a savior on more than one occasion.

Before I started using Partition Magic I was reformatting and rebuilding my computer from scratch 3 or 4 times a year just because I wanted to move or reallocate partitions.

I think there are other products that do the same thing, but I have never even looked. I have used Partition Magic since it hit the streets and found it worth every penny.