Thread: Probably funny, but i dont know

Probably funny, but i dont know

I have been searching up and down the web for a free arabic to english website translator but cant seem to find one.

I was browsing around on al-jazirah.com and came across an article with a picture of pres. bush and then next to him a pic of michale jackson. It seems like a comparason or something along those lines and I would really love to know what it says.

If anyone knows of a good free arabic to english translator or anyone who speeks arabic can you check this out

http://www.al-jazirah.com/83747/ms1d.htm
    Violence breeds violence
    we need a world court
    not a republican with his hands covered in oil and military hardware lecturing us on world security!

I Googled arabic to english translator and came up with a number of hits. I didn't investigate any of them though.
    - Runner -

Originally posted here by StreetRunner
    I Googled arabic to english translator and came up with a number of hits. I didn't investigate any of them though.
    I can see it know, instead of a light bulb glowing above your head StreetRunner, there's a BIC lighter without fuel being struck over and over and over again.

I digress, maybe this will help....
    I couldn't find a single free service; from Arabic to english, seems they are willing to translate English to Arabic, but you have to pay anywhere from $30 to a few hundred dollars to have the pleasure of reading Arabian insight.

To pay for service -
    http://tarjim.ajeeb.com/ajeeb/default.asp?lang=1
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

Originally posted here by KorpDeath

I can see it know, instead of a light bulb glowing above your head StreetRunner, there's a BIC lighter without fuel being struck over and over and over again.

I digress, maybe this will help....
    I couldn't find a single free service; from Arabic to english, seems they are willing to translate English to Arabic, but you have to pay anywhere from $30 to a few hundred dollars to have the pleasure of reading Arabian insight.

To pay for service -
    http://tarjim.ajeeb.com/ajeeb/default.asp?lang=1
    As I said, I didn't investigate any of them.
    - Runner -

Originally posted here by StreetRunner
    As I said, I didn't investigate any of them.
    Then why post at all? What exactly do you bring to the table by saying that you checked google for something but then decided not to go to the trouble to investigate any further? How absolutely helpful can you get?

I'm sorry StreetRunner, I really don't mean to pick on you, but you seem to lack any significant insight on any subject you've responded to. Whether you are a permanent part of the scenery or not you should at the very least try to bring SOMETHING to the party.

Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

Jeez, give me a break

Originally posted here by KorpDeath

Then why post at all? What exactly do you bring to the table by saying that you checked google for something but then decided not to go to the trouble to investigate any further? How absolutely helpful can you get?

I'm sorry StreetRunner, I really don't mean to pick on you, but you seem to lack any significant insight on any subject you've responded to. Whether you are a permanent part of the scenery or not you should at the very least try to bring SOMETHING to the party.

"why post at all" - I Googled to see what was available on the web. I know he said he did that, but maybe my search hit on something his didn't. What's the big deal anyhow? Who did I hurt?

"not to go to the trouble to investigate any further" - Well for one, since I don't speak Arabic I wouldn't know if any of them was any good. Yes, I could have looked only for freeware, so shoot me.

"you seem to lack any significant insight on any subject you've responded to" - show me an example.

"you should at the very least try to bring SOMETHING to the party" - I think that I did, albeit a small something.
    - Runner -