Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how to stop someone from hacking my email

how to stop someone from hacking my email

how can i stop someone from hacking into my hotmail?
    john

the most simple thing is to change your password or to make a new account at hotmail !
    p.s delete all mails from unknown senders!
    There is no Linux errors , just user errors!

Re: how to stop someone from hacking my email

Originally posted here by yingyang
    Yingyang,
    We could use some more info. Is your Hotmail presently being broken into. If so, when did the problem start etc..

That said there could be 2 possibilities. Either someone has gooten your password or you have a Trojan on the box. I would change the password and the get a good Trojan cleaner such as Tauscan from http://www.tauscan.com and run a scan. Remove any Trojans you find.

er0k
    the only way you can fully stop people from getting into your hotmail is to

[a] do what ratman3 said

[b] call or email m$ and tell them not to suck so bad

[c] get rid of hotmail

or

[d] make a very difficult password so its not easily cracked.

or even

[e] just make your computer uberly secure, dont store cookies or any cache, download mozilla and a spyware remover, and have fun.

I would start by creating a password that had normal letters and numerics in it, just in case they are uisng a simliar Yahoo email crack program that I know of. After that, look to see what security measures one would have to to go through (or yourself) to recover a forgotten password. After analyzing it properly, create a random, and untrue zip code (if this needs to me taken), change personal things around, and if there is a question one must answer, be sure to create a question that not even a personal family member could answer, create one that only you can answer.
    The End Justifies The Means...

Change your hotmail password, report the incident to microsoft, maybe they can get an ip address for you and that would be a good start for you to track down the person that's been haunting your digital life.

PuRe
    Like this post? Visit PuRe\'s Information Technology Community. We\'ve also got some kick ass Technology Forums. Shop for books and dvds on LiveWebShop.com

keylogger

yingyang,

If you are using school or public computer, and find that your hotmail is contantly broken into.Changing password will not help because the pc probably has a keylogger installed in it.My advice is not to use the same pc or system.If it is an internet cafe , move to another or ask the system administrator to check for keyloggers!If its your pc, check for keyloggers and trojans.

Good luck,

Dr_Evil

dr evil is absolutely right the most common way of cracking an email password is keylogger even kids can use it to hack into ur mailbox make sure you have norton installed(latest virsion)and look for antikeylogger on http://www.anti-keyloggers.com.
    i hope it would help!!!

Re: how to stop someone from hacking my email

Originally posted here by yingyang
    dont use hotmail... there are many free mail services that dont try and shuve **** down your throat like hotmail does. It is not a good choice, who knows what crazy hackerz have gained acccess to that mail server its a prime target and always has been. I have heard Microsoft has said many times they felt that they had not been comped in any way when in fact freakz had been inside there apple. We use hotmail as a secondary form of communication becuse we think its so safe and nobody can figure out who we are lol... weeee Im safe Im safe i used my hotmail account NOT they secure your mail not their weblogs. Your mail is safe your ident is not!

duh I have been informed I am posting answers to questions posted 6 months ago! Sorry guys I guess I got a little too high.

Well, they have pretty much said it all...
    *Search for keyloggers,trojans,worms;
    *Quit using hotmail;
    *Create a strong password.

More info on strong password is available in http://www.antionline.com/showthread...trong+password