Thread: Stickies on main page?

Stickies on main page?

Does anyone think that adding stickies to the main page (FAQ's, how to post good guestions, this isnt a hacking help site) would benefit all the people that read the posts that are trying to be helpful? I think that may tone down all the " how do I hack my neighbors network" questions and save the people who post replies and those seeking answers time?

Just a suggestion,what does everyone think?

I am aware that the FAQ is listed on the main page on but its on the right. Maybe if it was in the center it would be more obvious?

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    You could have it in giant huge-ass letters and some people still wouldn't get it. .. I find that's just the nature of people.

But it's not a bad idea. FAQs and such would be good if they were on the front page. Then people can point them out to new members and perhaps help them better.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Well I think they should make a special link or something but I wouldn't like stickies on the front page but somewhere easy to find. If you did that then there wouldn't be as many questions getting answered.
    [glowpurple]NooNoo\'s [/glowpurple]

I agree with MsMittens. From my experience some people read stickies but most don't and, unfortunately, it's seems that most of the time it's the people who [i]should[/] read them who don't.
    - Runner -