Linux OS Masking..How Do I?

Thread: Linux OS Masking..How Do I?

Linux OS Masking..How Do I?

How do I appear to have Windows When I actually will be running a Linux box? Or Should I have Linux Watching over my windows based system while I'm online?

it really depends on how well you know each system, if your good at Windows use firewalls and stuff and anti virus, because if you arent to good at Linux, stick with Windows for your online time untill you get better aquainted (sp?) with Tux. i use SuSe Linux and in there is an option that lets you select what your PC shows up as, you can make it seem liek your running Windows 98 with IE if you want, a few more details about your PC would help a bit, but for the most part, go online using firewalls and stuff, and while your on read about Linux security and when you get good youll be fine and remember, Linux likes to be toyed with so have fun and read alot about Linux, but if you can reply with what Linux distro you use and a few details that would help.

Well I do have ME, with a firewall, and try to keep all the latest security patches. I also use a nuke nabber. I am really looking for a good IDS for a stand alone system. As of right now, I am still playing with my linux (mandrake) and it seems to be able to handle my new abuse..hee hee.. Thanks for the advice.

Cant Do Right

Why make your Linux box pretend its a Windows computer? Or Vice-versa? When you can make it...oh, lets say...a Dreamcast, or XBox?

http://www.bytekill.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=61

Check it out.
    ...This Space For Rent.

-[WebCarnage]