Aim Ip?!?!?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aim Ip?!?!?

Aim Ip?!?!?

OK this is like the little msn incident except with aim. someone got my ip and i did not accept an email, click a link or accept a filetransfer does someone know what trhey did? i saw the message aim.query.user about 3 times too

did you make any connection to them to chat because those are the only ways I can think of that they would get your ip.
    Ben Franklin said it best. \"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.\"

no hmm...

Webius Designerous Indiginous
    You wouldn't happen to be using "AIM filter" are you? In some cases it may not be needed. With some AIM clients, there are some backdoors built in. One of these backdoors is the aim.query.user command. When this is sent, your client software will nicely return:""HELLO FRIEND, MY IP IS <end user's ip>, AND I AM A PEON ON BUILD xxx."

Nice eh.. Another sploit in this is aim.admin.dc, which will open 500 instances of calc.exe on the end users machine, then display "DON'T MESS".

I would uninstall all your AIM client software and download the newest updated client directly from AOL itself. Next time don't download 3rd party clients or plug-ins and this won't happen.

It would also be smart to download the cleaner from www.moosoft.com to detect any trojans. No telling what else may be on there. Also run a good up to date virus scan just for kicks.

xmaddness

How to get a person's IP if they use AIM.
    You are talking to a person that you don't really like on AIM, and you wanna play a prank on them. How can you get their IP? SIMPLE! That is if you can talk them into accepting a download. Before you do that open up MS-DOS. Okay now send them a picture or some other type of download. Switch over to the MS-DOS screen and type "netstat -a" without the "s. Their ip will be in domain form so it won't be a number. Take that domain and in MS-DOS type "tracert ". This is easier looking for the domain if you set the port that you transfer on to something simple like port 50. You can do this by clicking on prefrences then going to file sharing and set the port from there.

Another interesting way of getting someone's ip on AIM.
    If you are a programmer you can probably make a server listen to port 80. This will only work if you aren't running a web server on your computer. Even if you can't program a server to listen to port 80 you can get a program from Here Now open up the port to listen on port 80. I don't suggest doing this to people who know a lot about computers cause they can get your ip address. Insert a hyperlink in AIM to go to your computer on port 80. If you don't know your ip address then open up ms-dos and type any of the following "ipconfig", "route PRINT", or "arp -a". If they fall for it you should see their ip come up on your screen.

taken from here http://www.geocities.com/ksmchess/exploits.htm
    i thought there was a artical on AO explaining this but i couldnt find it, btw if you search on google something like obtaing IP address AIM you will get alot of matches, so if you have any further questions i would suggest that.take it easy.
    Don\'t be a bitch! Use Slackware.

all you have to do is direct connect with them, goto dos and type netstat. Once you do that you will see all of the connections. I dont know about your computer, but on mine aim direct connects are on port 4443

Thumbs up

another little free utility is aports (activeports) from smartline.... it's a utility that shows all your connections and ports to ip's....I checked and I don't know if their still giving it away, not on their site anyway.... check some of the freeware sites.... but as your buddy is talking to you you open aports and query his ip right there.
    jeez I\'m tired of ms and bill lining his pockets, but it keeps me employed

I know you can direct connect and netstat to find an ip but i dont know how to do it with out make'n some kinda connection
    Madness has its toll. Please have correct change. *M0nstr*

Well , To get Someones Ip through aim , my answer would be to fire up netcat and let it bind with a port that isnt listening.Ok , if you don't have netcat you can get it from here http://www.atstake.com/research/tool...ork_utilities/ Then After you tell netcat to listen on port whatever , a status screen will stay and wait for incoming connections.
    Then construct a hyperlink as follows telnet://yourip:listening port then when the idiot clicks on it , you will have their ip.May seem like a long process , but it gets easier as you use it.
    Note:Make sure the person is really dumb, or they could decide that revenge is sweet seeing as though they have your ip.
    "Serenity is not the absence of conflict, but the ability to cope with it."

yeah, you gotta watch out.