Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Home Edition Xp Activation Code

Home Edition Xp Activation Code

Hey guys i need your help....

I've got XP Home Edition system at home. Every time I started my computer he always told me to input the ACTIVATION CODE, and I only got 4 days to go to activate, and I don't know what happen next when 4 days is lapsed. My 10 hrs free internet connected has ended. I don't have any internet connection anymore. Is there a way to activate and register my XP activation without using internet? What should I do.

This might help. http://www.rainbowpcm.com/xp_activation.html
    According to this you can do it by phone. Try not to worry. <----------
    (you beat me to it phishphreek)

Maybe im lucky but XP has never once asked me for a activation code.

AO Security for Non-Geeks tonybradley's Avatar
    Yes

If you click on the link to start the activation process and it can't find the Internet connection it will give you a phone number to call. In the U.S. the number is toll-free. I don't know how it works internationally.

You can call the number and give them your activation code and they will read you the key to type in to activate the product.

If it is not activated in time, it will not boot into XP after it expires. It will boot to an activation screen and you won't be able to get into the system until you activate over the Internet or call Microsoft.

I all else fails, go to www.astalavista.com and do a search under common software crack sites.. See if there is any cracks availible for Win XP HE, if so, run it. Of course you would then be using a illegal copy of Win XP, therefore you prob. wont be able to get updates, patches, etc.
    The End Justifies The Means...

Is it a pirated copy of XP, or did you use a licensed copy that came as a 'restore' disk for a brand of computer that doesn't match yours?
    I hate to be suspicious, but OEM WXP discs don't act this way usually...

Ouroboros
    "entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem"

"entities should not be multiplied beyond necessity."

-Occam's Razor

You don't need an internet connection either as long as you have a modem.

From MS XP FAQ site:

Activation Methods
    You can activate your copy of Windows XP by using any of the following methods:
    Activate Windows XP by using the Internet

If you use this method, the Windows Product Activation wizard establishes a connection to the activation server, sends your installation ID, and then processes the activation request.
    Activate Windows XP by using your modem

If you have a modem but you do not have an Internet connection, the wizard detects your modem and establishes a connection to the activation server through your phone line.
    Activate Windows XP by phone

If you do not have a modem or an Internet connection, you can activate Windows XP by calling a Microsoft customer service representative. The Activation Wizard displays the toll free number that you can dial.
    The following sections in this article describe how to use each of these methods.
    http://support.microsoft.com/default...;en-us;Q307890

Good Luck.

Originally posted here by Ouroboros
    Is it a pirated copy of XP, or did you use a licensed copy that came as a 'restore' disk for a brand of computer that doesn't match yours?
    I hate to be suspicious, but OEM WXP discs don't act this way usually...

Ouroboros
    I originally buy a new XP Home Edition. The first time I installed it ask the CDKey and also ask to activate the code. I call the microsoft on the phone listed, but its always busy. Is there a crack available on activating the code.

There are 3 legitimate ways to activate windows.

1. With your internet connection.
    (You don't have one)
    2. With your modem.
    (Just plug your phone line into the little modem jack)
    3. Over the phone.
    (Requires you to actually call M$ and speak with someone...if the number is busy then hit redial...again...and again...and again.)

Sorry but these are your only options.

Oops...forgot a couple other options.

1. Install Linux instead.
    2. Throw the computer away.

by default, if you install win XP from a non-isdn disc (the kind you actuallly have to pay for) it asks for an activation code. similar to what they did with office 2k, they keep track of who does what, to make sure that the same copy of xp isn't installed on more than 1 (really 2) computers. M$'s general rule of thumb is one desktop and one laptop, but I'm not sure with WinXP. M$ will give you a phone number if you need it. Also, if you don't have internet access... how on earth did you post to AO?

regardless, if all else fails, go to wal mart or food lion and pick up an AOL disc, and register for the free 300 years or whatever they give out now. not that i really like aol, but it does the trick in a jam, and they give out free samples.
    i\'m starting to think that i\'m bound to always be the first guy on the second page of the thread.

i read an interesting article about activating xp over the phone...apparently, you have to read a very long number to whom ever it is that you are speaking with. i'm not sure of the exact length, although i do remember it being over fifty, if i'm not mistaken. i recommend doing it online. internet access is not required, as the activation prog dials an M$ 800 number for you (i think).
    Hey there, chaps! Being mexican-american, I don\'t really think I have the racial background to say that...Oh well, visit our site at www.evilcorp.tk
    Don\'t expect any content...for a few weeks!